SELECT A TOPIC:
Payment Methods & Upgrades
- How can I find out how many referrals I have?
- How does the Glowforge referral program work?
- How can I upgrade my order?
- Can I downgrade my order?
- Can I buy the Pro model without an Air Filter?
- Can I buy an Air Filter after my Glowforge arrives?
- Can I upgrade after my Glowforge is shipped?
- Can we get a copy of your W-9?
- What is your ECCN?
- When will my credit card be charged?
- How can I cancel?
- Do you accept purchase orders, checks, Bitcoin, or payment plans?
- I want to change the credit card I used for my initial purchase. How can I do that?
- I had a problem with my credit card. What can I do?
- Can you send me a quote or invoice before I purchase?
How can I find out how many referrals I have?
You can see how many orders you've referred by logging in to Glowforge.com and clicking "referrals" in the upper right corner. Each time we ship an order that was referred by you, we will send you an email letting you know and giving you a few choices for how you'll receive your referral compensation.
How does the Glowforge referral program work?
Every Glowforge user has a unique link good for a $100 discount that they can share. If you are a Glowforge user, you can find yours by logging in to http://glowforge.com and clicking on "Referral" in the top right corner. You can also see how many people have used your link to buy a Glowforge unit for themselves.
You'll get $125 in Glowforge account credit or $100 in cash for everyone who uses your link for a discount. You can do this a maximum of 10 times.
You can use the credit for anything we sell: Proofgrade materials from the shop, designs from the Design Catalog, or even spare parts like an extra crumb tray or air filter.
We'll issue your credit when your friend receives their Glowforge shipment (they must receive their shipment for you to get your credit).
How can I upgrade my order?
Once your order is placed, it can’t be modified. You can cancel it and create a new order - just let us know if you’d like to do that. Also, in the future, we plan to sell our Air Filter as a standalone upgrade in our shop - we’ll let all our customers know when it’s available.
Can I downgrade my order?
You can downgrade your pre-order any time until your product goes to shipping. To downgrade, email us at email@example.com with the details.
Can I buy the Pro model without an Air Filter?
Yes. I’m sorry this is harder than it should be:
- Buy a Glowforge Pro with Air Filter
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know that you’d like to remove the Air Filter from your account
- We’ll make the adjustment and promptly refund the Air Filter and the Air Filter portion of your shipping cost.
- This will get you a Pro model without the air filter (and without any additional shipping costs).
This will get you a Pro model without the air filter (and without any additional shipping costs).
Can I buy an Air Filter after my Glowforge arrives?
We haven’t announced plans to sell the Air Filter individually. We’ll update all of our customers when Air Filters are available to order.
Can I upgrade after my Glowforge is shipped?
We don't have any plans for an upgrade kit after purchase.
Can we get a copy of your W-9?
You can download a copy of our W-9 form here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jw2mf2dxfflqoma/Glowforge%20W9%20%281%29.pdf?dl=0
What is your ECCN?
The Export Control Classification Number (ECCN) for Glowforge units is EAR99.
When will my credit card be charged?
Your card will be charged immediately when you pre-order.
How can I cancel?
You can cancel your pre-order any time up until we collect your address for shipping. To cancel, make sure you’re logged in so we know who you are (instructions are here). Once you’re logged in, go to https://glowforge.com/cancel-pre-order/
Please contact us back if you don't see the charge within ten days from the day day you cancel - although it is usually much faster.
Do you accept purchase orders, checks, Bitcoin, or payment plans?
Right now, we’re only able to offer purchase by credit card.
I want to change the credit card I used for my initial purchase. How can I do that?
Unfortunately, we’re not able to change your method of payment without canceling your original order.
I had a problem with my credit card. What can I do?
Some banks or credit card companies block large transactions as a safety precaution, so that might be the issue. Usually a quick call to the bank to let them know you approve the purchase will do the trick.
Can you send me a quote or invoice before I purchase?
Please email email@example.com and let us know what information you need and we’ll see what we can do. Also, please note that the only payment means we support right now is credit card. Unfortunately we can’t accept P.O.s at this time.