This year I decided to do letterpress for my Christmas card again, because (1) I’m lazy and this was easy, and (2) I’m cheap and I already have all the supplies and equipment. But really, I just love the look and feel of letterpress.
The wreath design was based on one I obtained from Creative Market but I did do substantial editing to thicken up the lines so they wouldn’t collapse under pressure. I engraved the design deeply in Draftboard, then did a peripheral cut and stuck the design to a plate that goes on my Big Shot Pro (I don’t have access to a real letterpress). Inked it up with Distress Oxide ink using a brayer, placed a sheet of cheap watercolor paper on top, and ran it through the machine. After that, I die cut the stitched rectangle shape, stamped the berries and greeting, and mounted on a folded card. I made 38 of them.