I’ve had my GF since about April and have been tinkering away with many experimentations. It wasn’t until recently that I actually finished a project that was given as a gift to some good friends of mine.
Just for some backstory, the image that I used is one that I took. I had the privilege of taking photos the night he proposed.
So, I took and vectorized the photo of him on one knee, then scouted the internets for photos of the gazebo he proposed in–vectorized them–then layered it all together with 1/4" foamboard between the pieces of cutout cardstock.
Overall, this took about 15 hours of design work and about 5 hours of experimentation with constructing the box, getting the lighting just right, routing the wires, etc. In the end, I don’t think I could be more pleased.
The hardest part was getting the design just right and the setting dialed in to cut the paper without burning it. Too many times did the bottom part of the lyres end up just burning like a fuse as the laser cut around.
At any rate, here it is, with their names in the railing and all!