Glowforge Tech Specs
Pick Your Model
Choose the most powerful and capable Glowforge. The Glowforge Pro is the same size but can print enormous objects with the Pro Passthrough slot, and has upgraded cooling for all-day use. It also features upgraded components and increased laser power to print up to 20% faster than the Basic, and has double the warranty. Class 4 laser product.
More power and speed. The Plus offers upgraded components and increased laser power to print up to 20% faster than the Basic, and has double the warranty. Class 1 laser product.
The Glowforge Basic creates beautiful prints on dozens of materials right at home. Class 1 laser product.
Compact Filter Upgrade
The Compact Filter uses carbon and fine particulate filters to clean the air that comes out of your Glowforge printer. It sits on the floor near your Glowforge and comes with handles and wheels so it’s easy to move. It has an on/off switch and a dial to adjust the fan power for maximum filter life.
- Glowforge exterior (Pro, Plus, and Basic): 38″ x 20.75″ x 8.25″ (965mm x 527mm x 210mm)
- Compact Filter exterior: 16.14” x 10.43″ x 16.92″ (L410 x W265 x H430mm)
- Maximum material depth: 18" (455 mm) for Basic and Plus; unlimited for Pro
- Maximum material width: 20″ (515 mm)
- Cutting area: approx. 11″ (279 mm) deep and 19.5″ (495 mm) wide
- Maximum material height: 2″ (50mm)
- Maximum material height with tray: 0.5″ (13mm)
Can safely print on any laser-compatible material, with examples below. Glowforge recommends Proofgrade™ materials for automatic settings and perfect results.
Cuts & Engraves
- plexiglass (acrylic)
- Delrin (acetal)
- ...and more
- rubber stamps
- ceramic tile
- anodized aluminum
- ...and more
- Easy and powerful interface will have you printing in minutes
- Web interface works on Mac, PC, Linux, and many mobile devices (internet required)
- Compatible with JPG, PNG, SVG, PDF, and other file formats
- Drag-and-drop layout with live camera preview to position designs on the material
- Automatically scan drawings and print without design software
- Catalog of premium, customizable, ready-to-print designs
One Button Print
When used with Proofgrade materials, automatically determines settings for perfect cutting and engraving
- Wide Angle Camera — Mounted on the lid, provides a view of the entire printable area, accurate within 0.25" (6mm)
- Macro Camera — Mounted on the head, provides extreme up-close information for autofocus, accurate within 0.004" (0.1mm)
- Exquisitely precise — low-power laser measurement scans the surface of the material to determine the exact height
- Completely Internal — Lens moves internally up and down inside the head to print on materials up to 0.5” (13mm) thick
- Multipass — Focus can be shifted between engrave passes, allowing detailed depth engraves
- Manual focus option — the laser can be focused at a precise height to experiment with a range of techniques
- Dual high-efficiency internal LED strips give your work broad illumination for a wide angle view
- Headlights under the lid give point illumination for precise precisioning
- CO2 Laser — Custom CO2 glass laser tube capable of continuous operation at 10,600 nm; rated at 40 watts for Basic and 45 watts for Plus and Pro
- Fixed Alignment — Factory calibrated optical system does not require any alignment by the user
- Sealed Optics — Enclosed optical path with cleanable and replaceable windows protects the laser optics to avoid replacement or realignment
- Case — High modulus injection molded plastic
- Linear System — Custom extruded aluminum linear rails with belt driven v-wheel carrier
- Motion — Dual hybrid stepper Y axis; single hybrid stepper X axis
- Cooling — Closed loop self contained internal cooling.
- Air Assist — Internal air assist with no external compressor hookup required
- Recommended Operating Temperature: 60F-75F (16C-24C) Basic and Plus; 60F-81F (16C-27C) Pro
- 110/220 VAC
- 50/60 HZ
- Wi-Fi required (2.4 GHz b/g/n and WPA2, WPA, WEP, or open)
- Glowforge Basic, Plus, and Pro have 800W peak power consumption
- Compact Filter has an additional 350W peak power consumption
- Basic and Plus models are an CDRH Class 1 Laser Device
- Pro model is a CDRH Class 4 Laser Device
- Positioning precision to 0.001” (0.025mm)
- Engraving up to 1355 DPI
- Pro Passthrough slot allows the use of material that’s up to 1/4″ (6.3mm) high, up to 20” (50.8cm) wide, and as long as desired
- Upgraded solid state thermoelectric cooling
Full warranty at glowforge.com/warranty
The Glowforge Basic and the Glowforge Plus are Class 1 laser products.
The Glowforge Pro is a Class 4 laser product and requires additional safety precautions.