House numbers, my first real project on the GF
Posted by
autocrosser
 
Joined May 4, '20 

My wife design/laid it out and off we went. Cherry ply with lacquer for the face, 2 layers of baltic birch for the backing, and black acrylic for the numbers inlaid to the front. I also made a nice keyhole on the back to hang it on a screw by cutting a rectangle out of the middle layer, and then an overlapping keyhole shape on the back layer. Worked really well and kept a router out of the mix. Overall really happy, other than a glitch with my AI file that the GF app didn’t like which caused the tip of the tail at the bottom to not engrave even though it appeared as it would in the preview.

IMG_20200520_145303


Hundreds of ideas brought to life
Explore Acrylic or Wood projects.
Acrylic purse

Hobbits for the neighborhood: Work in Progress

Proofgrade Acrylic Slump Bowls

Pre-Release | Light as a feather