So I love my entryway expedit…it holds all our shoes, and odds and ends that we need when we walk out. But I don’t love how it looks when you walk into the house. It’s quite the mess!
So I decided to fix that with some doors made on the glowforge. Because the pieces had to be 12x12", I used this non-proofgrade wood: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MXVB6O6/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 This stuff is pretty cheap, and had lots of splinters. I had to lightly sand the edges and fronts and couldn’t really tape the front because the tape created splinters too. (definitely been spoiled with the PG). Because of this, I set my etch settings pretty light so smoke stains wouldn’t be too much of a problem.
Since the etch and cut files were bigger than the available area to cut, I just used a pencil mark to make an x in the middle of the wood sheet to align with an X in each of the files.
It was easy to erase and sand off once I was done.
I used 1 1/4" hooks and aligned the holes in the file so that the piece would hang about center of the cubby hole.
I also created a template and cut in PG so that I could easily drill the holes for the hooks where I wanted them.
Here is the final product!
Looks a ton better than messy cubby holes. Cheers!