Glowforge California Privacy Notice
Personal Information Collection, Disclosure, and Sale
For the purposes of this notice, Personal Information means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household, or as otherwise defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (California Civil Code §§ 1798.100 to 1798.199) and its implementing regulations, as amended or superseded from time to time (“CCPA”).
Personal Information does not include information that is:
- Lawfully made available from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated.
- Otherwise excluded from the scope of the CCPA.
The list below provides the categories of Personal Information about California residents that we have collected, disclosed for a business purpose, or used for business or commercial purposes in the preceding twelve months since this notice was last updated, as well as the categories of third parties with whom we shared Personal Information about California residents. The examples of Personal Information provided for each category reflect each category’s statutory definition and may not reflect all of the specific types of Personal Information associated with each category. If you are a California resident, we do not sell your Personal Information.
Categories of Personal Information Collected and Disclosed
Identifiers. Examples: Name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
- We collect and disclose Identifiers with the following categories of third parties: Advertising Providers; Analytics Providers; Social Networks; Vendors; Integrated Third Parties; Third Parties as Legally Required; and Third Parties with Consent.
Categories of Personal Information in Cal. Civ. Code Section 1798.80(e). Examples: Name, signature, social security number, address, telephone number, passport number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
- We collect and disclose Categories of Personal Information in Cal. Civ. Code Section 1798.80(e) with the following categories of third parties: Vendors; Integrated Third Parties as Legally Required; and Third Parties with Consent.
Commercial Information. Examples: Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- We collect and disclose Commercial Information with the following categories of third parties: Advertising Providers; Analytics Providers; Vendors; Integrated Third Parties; Third Parties as Legally Required; and Third Parties with Consent.
Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information. Examples: Browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an internet website, application or advertisement.
- We collect and disclose Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information with the following categories of third parties: Advertising Providers; Analytics Providers; Social Networks; Vendors; Third Parties as Legally Required; and Third Parties with Consent.
Professional or employment-related information. Examples: Job application or resume information, past and current job history, and job performance information.
- We collect and disclose Professional or employment-related information with the following categories of third parties: Vendors; Integrated Third Parties; Third Parties as Legally Required; and Third Parties with Consent.
Inferences Drawn from Personal Information. Examples: Consumer profiles reflecting a consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
- We do not disclose Inferences Drawn from Personal Information.
Use of Personal Information
We collect, use, and disclose your Personal Information in accordance with the specific business and commercial purposes below:
- Providing Services: Providing our services.
- Communicating: Communicating with you, providing you with updates and other information relating to our services, providing information that you request, responding to comments and questions, and otherwise providing customer support.
- Marketing: Marketing purposes, such as developing and providing promotional and advertising materials that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you.
- Personalization: Personalizing your experience on our services such as presenting tailored content.
- Facilitating Payments: Facilitating transactions and payments.
- Deidentification and Aggregation: De-identifying and aggregating information collected through our services and using it for any lawful purpose.
- Job Applications: Processing your job application.
- Safety Issues: Responding to trust and safety issues that may arise.
- Compliance: For compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms of Service or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency.
- Auditing Interactions: Auditing related to a current interaction with you and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards.
- Fraud and Incident Prevention: Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity.
- Debugging: Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Transient Use: Short-term, transient use.
- Contracting Vendors: Contracting with service providers to perform services on our behalf or on their behalf, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytic services, or providing similar services on behalf of the business or service provider.
- Research: Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration.
- Improving Our Services: Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of our services, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance our services.
- Enabling Transactions: Otherwise enabling or effecting, directly or indirectly, a commercial transaction.
- Notified Purpose: For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the information is collected.
Collection of Personal Information
In the preceding twelve months since this notice was last updated, we have collected Personal Information from the following categories of sources:
- You/Your Devices: You or your devices directly.
- Analytics Providers.
- OS/Platform Provider: Operating systems and platforms.
- Social Networks.
- Partners: Business partners.
- Public: Publicly accessible sources.
Disclosure of Personal Information
- Advertising Providers: Advertising technology companies, such as advertising networks.
- Analytics Providers.
- Social Networks.
- Vendors: Vendors and service providers.
- Integrated Third Parties: Third parties integrated into our services.
- Third Parties as Legally Required: Third parties as required by law and similar disclosures.
- Third Parties with Consent: Other third parties for whom we have obtained your permission to disclose your Personal Information.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you may exercise the following rights.
Right to Know and Access. You may submit a verifiable request for information regarding the: (1) categories of Personal Information collected, sold, or disclosed by us; (2) purposes for which categories of Personal Information are collected or sold by us; (3) categories of sources from which we collect Personal Information; (4) categories of third parties with whom we disclosed or sold Personal Information; and (5) specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you during the past twelve months.
Right to Delete. Subject to certain exceptions, you may submit a verifiable request that we delete Personal Information about you that we have collected from you.
Verification. Requests for access to or deletion of Personal Information are subject to our ability to reasonably verify your identity in light of the information requested and pursuant to relevant CCPA requirements, limitations, and regulations. To verify your access or deletion request, please follow the instructions in our CCPA Privacy Request Form.
Right to Opt Out. In some circumstances, you have the right to opt out of the sale of your Personal Information. If you are a California resident, we do not sell your Personal Information, so there is nothing you need to do to opt out.
Right to Equal Service and Price. You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of your CCPA privacy rights, subject to certain limitations.
Shine the Light. We do not rent, sell, or share Personal Information with nonaffiliated companies for their direct marketing uses as contemplated by California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code § 1798.83), unless we have your permission.
Submit Requests. To exercise your rights under the CCPA, please use the link above, call our toll-free number (855) 338-2122, or complete our CCPA Privacy Request Form.
Authorizing an Agent. If you are acting as an authorized agent to make a request to know, delete, or opt out on behalf of a California resident, please complete our CCPA Privacy Request Form and attach a written authorization signed by the resident.
Do Not Track
There is no accepted standard on how to respond to Do Not Track signals, and we do not respond to such signals.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about this notice or our processing activities, or you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please email us at email@example.com or write to us at:
Glowforge, Inc. ATTN: Privacy Department 2200 1st Avenue South Seattle, WA, 98134, USA
Last Reviewed and Updated: July 5, 2021