Clean the lid camera, empty the bed, and watch the Printer Head move
It’s normal for some dust to build up inside your Glowforge, including on the lens of the wide angle camera on the lid. When the lens is dirty, your Glowforge may not be able to take a clear enough image to calibrate.
Also, some materials can produce images that are difficult to process. For example, highly reflective materials make images that are too bright to process.
- Turn off your Glowforge
- Use ZEISS lens wipes (available on Amazon and elsewhere) to gently wipe the lid camera.
- Remove any material.
- Make sure the crumb tray is in.
- Turn your Glowforge on.
- Does the Printer Head move?
- No: Your Glowforge may have a hardware problem. Send an email to email@example.com letting us know you’ve cleaned the lid camera and what happened when you turned your Glowforge back on.
- Yes: Continue with the next step.