VP of Financial Planning and Analysis
Seattle, WA - Full-timeApply to this Job
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've built a product we're incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.
We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this beautiful city.
Why We Need You
We are striving to create a business that will last for decades! For that, we need to balance forward-thinking and bold steps with careful analysis and detailed planning- and that’s where you come in. We have explosive growth ahead, but it must be thoughtful and anchored in financial realities. You are the person we need to provide both a sound base and forward guidance to build our company and our business to realize its massive potential.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
As the company’s VP of Financial Planning and Analysis, you will work closely with our CFO to understand the company’s historical performance as well as the key assumptions and trends that may impact future performance. This requires a broad understanding of both accounting and working with business operations to develop a rolling mid-term and long-term forecast. You’ll ensure that we follow the highest levels of care and integrity.
In practice, that means helping to build out a thoughtful and efficient financial planning organization. You’ll choose the software and systems, create financial models, and lead reporting – not just publishing dashboards but surfacing problems, challenges, and risks, along with thoughtful analysis and wise solutions. You will report forecasts and variances and uses that data to advise management on decisions to improve performance, minimize risk and capture new opportunities.
Have you previously recruited for a broad swath of positions in accounting and finance? Then you'll know how to build an incomparably gifted team! You love growing and mentoring a smart and tight-knit group of finance professionals and will lead them to deliver on the company’s vision without neglecting the day-to-day business needs.
If you relish the challenge of growing a small company to billions in revenue, you’re going to have an amazing time at Glowforge. You will also:
- Lead the financial reporting and analysis team and the preparation of internal reports for executive leadership
- Assess changes in compliance obligations to confidently meet regulatory reporting and security requirements
- Monitor key business metrics
- Lead large financial projects, like the annual budget and rolling forecasts
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting with 15+ years of progressive finance and accounting experience
- You have worked as an executive in a publicly listed company and are familiar with the internal and external reporting requirements
- You have managed multi-sites, distributed finance teams
- You can apply your thorough knowledge of finance principles and are able to communicate, work cross functionally, adapt to changing priorities, meet budget and forecasting cadences
It would be nice if…
- You have prior FP&A experience in a hardware+software company
- You have worked in a start-up or rapidly growing company
There's one more very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd love to have you join us.