Seattle, WA - Full-timeApply to this Job
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've built a product we're incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.
We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this beautiful city.
Why we need you
We need your skill and judgment to help us create the face of Glowforge for our next stage of growth.
You’re a top-flight designer; you could work anywhere. But it's more rewarding to make the world a better place, with dedicated people like yourself.
Each Glowforge printer has the potential to change a life – or many, many lives. We think everyone should have access to that creative potential. You can help millions of people discover a new way to create the things they care about, for the people they care about.
Imagine what it will be like when everyone can turn their ideas into reality at the press of a button. They just need to see how. We think you're the one to show them.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
As a Visual Designer at Glowforge, you'll collaborate with marketers, product developers, and of course, other creatives. It’s a small-but-mighty team, and you’ll see your work in the world fast.
You’ll create thoughtful, magical designs across multiple touch points for our brand (website, email, ads, collateral and more) that help creators understand (and get excited about) our brand.
This role will have a ton of variety. You’ll have the opportunity to work with a diverse group of amazing people across multiple teams bringing our brand to life and creating designs you can be proud of.
As a strong candidate, you probably have these qualifications:
- 4+ years of design experience (emphasis on digital) for consumer brands
- Your portfolio demonstrates thoughtfulness, creativity, and a knack for "magic" moments. You’ve created and evolved comprehensive visual systems before.
- Your work borrows the best ideas from UX & UI research. You speak fluent “user-centered design”.
- When it comes to Adobe Creative Suite, you swim like a fish through water. You’re also skilled with other industry-standard design and prototyping tools.
- Your prior design work is accessible and inclusive, and you’re familiar with accessibility standards and universal design practices.
- You play well with others (we've got a tight-knit team here).
A few nice to haves:
- Photography and video creative direction experience
- You've worked with a startup growth or product marketing team
- Experience with motion, video and illustration design
In your cover letter, in addition to whatever you’d like to say, please tell us about the product or feature you’re most proud of in your portfolio. What about it makes you grin from ear to ear?
There's one more very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd love to have you join us.