Test Engineer, Hardware
Seattle, WA - Full-timeApply to this Job
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've built a product we're incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.
We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
We'd love to have you join us.
Why we need you:
Our product runs on electrons, and we need your engineering expertise wrangling them to do the right thing. Our electronics are fascinatingly complex integrated systems, but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t understand every nuance of their performance before we ship them. You'll be part of the core team that designs critical production test equipment, actively reducing the risk of HW issues affecting our customers. Without you and your masterful engineering work to carry us forth, a future where the Glowforge is a household product may not come to fruition.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
The Test Engineering team touches every aspect of how we test our hardware, from PCBA tests at suppliers to sub-system tests and calibrations on the production line. You’ll help plan, build and execute a complete suite of testers for each product to ensure that only the best product reaches the market.
- Creating test plans for analog, high-speed digital, and mixed-signal circuits.
- Schematic capture and PCBA layout for mass production fixtures.
- Designing and building functional testers for both sub-assemblies and PCBAs.
- Partnering with other disciplines at Glowforge, including FW, SW, EE and ME to ensure our production test coverage delivers the best product experience possible.
- Completing documentation packages for our internal tester designs.
- Developing novel testing methodologies and fixtures for engineering validation of future designs.
- Traveling to and working with manufacturers to support production at volume.
You need these core qualifications:
- You have 2+ years of industry experience and a four year degree in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent experience)
- You have practical experience with electromechanical system architecture
- You have experience with test automation and have brought tester designs from concept through production
- You have the ability to accurately scope and estimate complex technical projects
- You have a high level of proficiency in an ECAD package, such as Altium Designer, for schematic capture and multi-layer PCB design
- You are proficient with a programming/scripting language like Python or C/C++
- Possess the ability to perform engineering calculations using a solid understanding of physics and other scientific concepts
- You have specific experience designing and programming tests for electronics hardware
It would be nice if:
- You have worked directly with overseas suppliers and contract manufacturers
- You have RF experience
- You have camera system testing experience
- You have proficiency with a mechanical CAD package, such as Solidworks, and can integrate mechanical constraints into your designs.
- You have experience with embedded linux devices, such as a Raspberry Pi
Send us a resume or LinkedIn link. And please, send a cover letter that tells us what you’re excited about doing with us! There's one more, very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope you can join us.