Technical Support Representative - Contractor
Denver, Colorado | Seattle, Washington - ContractApply to this Job
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've built a product we're incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.
We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
We'd love to have you join us.
This is a contractor role looking for candidates in the Denver, Colorado or Seattle Washington area.
Why we need you
We have the best customers, and our company will succeed or fail based on the experience they have with their Glowforge. When customers experience a challenge, they’ll come to us expecting us to make it right. That’s where you come in.
When our customers encounter difficulties, whether it’s the Glowforge app, the mechanical systems of their Glowforge, or their design or materials, you’ll help them get back on track. You’ll ask great questions, notice emerging patterns, write clear bug reports, and determine how to describe complicated things simply. While customers may start frustrated or confused, you’ll leave them warmly supported and glowing with delight.
Here's what you'll be doing
Taking care of our customers. You're going to solve the tricky questions, like "why does my print look strange?" and "Why won't it connect to my Wi-Fi?" You'll identify solutions so that the customer can make amazing things. You’ll pride yourself on your emotional intelligence, patience, and creative problem-solving skills. Our customers will rave to their friends about the outstanding technical support you provide.You’ll start by communicating with customers through email, and may expand to chat & phone. We’ll give you access to a knowledge base of answers and ideas, and you’ll draw on that resource and your own phenomenal people-skills to provide a great response to each customer.
Learning. You’ll learn about our company, our product, and our customers. You’ll become familiar with systems including Zendesk, JIRA, and proprietary software that will enable you to research customer issues and discover solutions.
Noticing what we can do better. When you notice that our processes are hard to follow or don't delight customers, you'll make sure your team lead knows so that we can improve.
You need these qualifications
- You care about people, and you love finding solutions to customer challenges!
- Have a four-year degree in a technical field or equivalent experience.
- Have 2+ years of experience providing customer service in writing or over the phone.
- You’re adept at asking questions to clearly understand customer needs and narrow down possible solutions.
- You are comfortable using a computer. You know email, documents, and spreadsheets, have used a ticketing system like Zendesk, and have written bug reports in a system like JIRA.
- Experienced with troubleshooting of web-based applications across browsers, operating systems and platforms.
- You are familiar with Wi-Fi networks or IOT devices.
It would be nice if you...
- Are excellent at writing and have provided support by email, chat or community forum
- Have experience working from home with geographically distributed teams
- Are personally passionate about what Glowforge is building
- Know design software like Illustrator and have used 3D printers or laser cutter/engravers
- Love making things - knitting, woodworking, furniture building - it doesn’t matter what.
Send us a resume or Linkedin link. And please, include a cover letter that tells us what you’re excited about doing with us!
There's one more, very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at email@example.com. We hope you can join us.