Technical Support Engineer
Seattle, WA - Full-timeApply to this Job
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.Together, we've built a product we're incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth. We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
We'd love to have you join us.
This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this wonderful city.
Why we need you
Glowforge isn’t just a beautiful piece of hardware, it’s a growing platform including hardware, cloud-based software, a catalog of designs, and a community of gifted makers exploring their limits.
You go through life asking, “what is the problem that is trying to be solved” and working on solutions, and you are always curious: you are often be found with disassembled mechanical parts scattered around, or examining code to see how it was made.
We want our customers to be delighted, and sometimes they hit a snag. That's where you come in: connecting the dots from an unexpected print experience to what's causing the problem. You’ll clear roadblocks and get customers back to their vision. Because of you, they'll walk away passionate about Glowforge, and our team will become stronger and more capable.
Here's what you'll be doing
You will resolve customer challenges with the Glowforge app, the mechanical systems of their printer, the designs they're printing, or the materials they’re using. You'll listen, empathize, show patience, and problem-solve. You’ll work through email and chat and may expand to phone or whatever our customers need.
You'll mentor junior team members, helping them build skills and knowledge. You'll tackle today's customer challenge and also make it easy to handle in the future. You'll notice emerging patterns, write excellent bug reports, and team with technicians and engineers to develop solutions, then build internal technical troubleshooting documents as well as self-service articles for our customers.
You’ll watch what our customers are thrilled and bothered by, and lead projects to develop systems, policies, and processes.
You’ll keep a positive disposition and level head even during the worst of times when a customer is rightfully upset because something is broken, and you’re the only one they have to talk to about it.
You need these qualifications
- Six years of experience supporting customers (or an equivalent combination of experience and advanced education), including 2+ years providing superb technical support by email, chat, phone, or community forum.
- Expertise at troubleshooting technical problems involving software and/or computer-controlled mechanical devices.
- You’re an empathetic listener and passionate advocate for customers.
- You have insight and ideas and you’ve made processes or policies better.
It would be nice if...
- Experience solving problems with Wi-FI networks and IOT devices
- Experience working from home with geographically distributed teams
- Passion about what Glowforge is building
- You love making things: knitting, 3D printing, furniture....Send us a resume or Linkedin link. And please, include a cover letter that tells us what you’re excited about doing with us!
There's one more, very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope you can join us.