Technical Ops & Failure Analysis Engineer
Guadalajara, Mexico - Full-TimeApply to this Job
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've built a product we're incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.
We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
This is a full-time contractor position based at our manufacturing partner’s facility in Guadalajara, Mexico.
Why We Need You
Our company is growing incredibly fast, and we need your experience to build a world class manufacturing operation in Guadalajara. We have an incredible product, and in the months ahead, we will scale our capacity and drive continuous improvement in the product design, manufacturing processes, test yields, supplier performance and overall quality and reliability. None of this is possible without you!
Here’s what you’ll be doing
We work with highly advanced and sophisticated technologies. Taming these technologies and packaging them in a product that is simple to manufacture and test is the challenge that we have tackled with determination and creativity. We need you to build, develop, manage and improve our manufacturing processes and operations at the factory, implement engineering methodologies that allow us to deliver high quality products.
As our Failure Analysis Technical Engineer on-site, you will be responsible to identify all different types and sources of problems affecting the quality and performance of our products, with our customers and/or in the factory. Your expertise and technical skills will be key to identifying the nature of the issues end to end, if they are related to process, test, software, hardware, etc. but also, you will be helping to define and implement solid methodologies to root cause complex problems and find creative solutions to prevent and eliminate them. You will be collaborating with our manufacturing partner in Guadalajara and with other cross functional teams in Glowforge to address some of the most common to the most difficult issues at the factory or in the field, You will be supported by a multidisciplinary team to work together in the resolution of the problems, but you will also be able to identify the opportunities and influence the decisions that will made in the new product development projects. As you can see the role as a wide open field of action and you can contribute with the next generation of skills and capabilities for our business.
Additional activities will be:
- “Startup Mindset” to handle issues relating to failure analysis technical findings, provide analysis on trends and recommendations. Ensure EMS partner’s deliver timely and accurate results in duplicating, isolating root cause on factory and customer issues.
- To identify potential opportunities using DFx techniques, provide feedback on real time.
- Evaluate the current conditions of the process and collaborate with other team members to solve opportunities and gaps.
- Help to build and define troubleshooting guides and repair cookbooks to accelerate the FA and Diagnostics capabilities within GF and with the CM.
- Work with design teams to make product improvements. Implement poka-yokes etc.
- Regular check points with CM and Customer service to identify any source of problems test, software, hardware or any other issue reported define priorities and provide support to identify the RC and work with them on the Corrective Actions.
- To conduct process audits and PFMEA ́s to identify risks and gaps that can affect the quality of the product.
- Review customer quality issues reported and provide feedback to improve the detection of the process..
- Evaluate main factory quality issues and request clear RC and CA analysis, 8D reports, etc.
- Make sure the CM is following their own internal processes and instructions.
- Implement robust processes and control points, Gage R&R, component traceability, device history records, Test method validations, CPK ́s, SPC, etc.
You need these qualifications
- A 4-year Engineering degree or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 10 years working on technical roles in high complex manufacturing environments having worked with complex products.
- A strong and unique background including experience in any 3 of the following areas: Failure analysis, outsource manufacturing, industrial engineering, new product introduction, quality, test engineering, supplier/partner management or operations management
- Experience in fast-growing environments in the consumer electronics industry.
It would be nice if...
- You have an advanced degree or certification in supply chain management, quality engineering or equivalent
- Startup experience setting up and establishing critical business and operational processes in contract manufacturing environments
- You are creative, determined and resonate with our mission to serve the global community of makers.
There's one more very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd love to have you join us.