Seattle, WA - Full-timeApply to this Job
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've built a product we're exceptionally proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.
We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this beautiful city.
Why We Need You
We are striving to create a business that will last for decades. For that, we need to balance forward thinking and bold steps with careful analysis and rigorous controls - and that’s where you come in. By helping us track our expenses and revenues against the plan and ensure compliance with established policies and procedures, you can ensure that we don’t lose sight of the fundamentals. Your work is essential to our long-term success.
Here’s What You’ll Be Doing
As a passionate, hands-on Staff Accountant you will be an intricate part of the Accounting team owning a myriad of high-touch responsibilities, both tactical and strategic. Your focus will always be to ensure that we follow the highest levels of care and integrity, stand in compliance with GAAP accounting, and are aware of new accounting pronouncements. You will be playing an integral role on the team in the monthly preparation of the accounting team’s journal entries, account reconciliations, accrual estimates, monthly close process, publishing of financial statements and financial forecasting.
You will have expertise in your area, working and coordinating across multiple teams, as well as improving upon the team’s accounting procedures. You will analyze key financial and operating data to improve the business overall, then communicate the data and your conclusions clearly to business owners. You will be responsible for unique financial projects and will operate our accounting system. You will report to the Controller.
If you relish the challenge of growing a small company from tens of millions of dollars in pre-orders to billions in revenue, you’re going to have an amazing time at Glowforge.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field and 5+ years of experience
- You have an active CPA license
- Experience preparing internal and external financial statements by analyzing information from the general ledger system, reconciling account balances and analyzing the output of your efforts
- You have a good foundation in financial reporting and GAAP accounting and can apply your knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and procedures to solve issues that arise with skill and integrity
- You derive joy from mentoring more junior members of the team
- You have strong Excel and accounting system skills
- You’re eager to develop a world-changing company with us!
It Would Be Nice If
- You have prior accounting experience with a public company
- You have prior experience in NetSuite
- You are personally excited about what Glowforge is building
- You love making things with your hands – 3D printing, knitting, woodworking, furniture building; it doesn’t matter what.
There's one more, very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at email@example.com. We'd love to have you join us.