Seattle, WA - Full-timeApply to this Job
Glowforge is a beautiful device that sits on your desk. It uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. If you haven’t already, check out our video on glowforge.com. While you’re there, you’ll notice something amazing: Glowforge is the largest crowdfunding campaign in history.
There is an incredible demand for what we're creating. It's not a geeky tool for the tech elite or a garage workshop; we're crafting an iconic product that is going to change the way people think about creativity. Our customers include consumers, digital designers, crafters, engineers, teachers, artists, and more. It's already the biggest crowdfunding campaign in history, and now that it's available at retail, the fun is really starting.
This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this beautiful city.
Why We Need You
We are striving to create a business that will last for decades. For that, we must balance forward thinking and bold steps with careful analysis and rigorous controls - and that’s where you come in. By helping us track our expenses and revenues against the plan and ensure compliance with policies and procedures, you can ensure that we don’t lose sight of the fundamentals because of our rocketship growth. Your work is essential to our long-term success.
Here’s What You’ll Be Doing
As a passionate, hands-on Staff Accountant you will be an intricate part of the finance team owning a myriad of high-touch responsibilities, both tactical and strategic. Your work will have a broad impact, creating processes that others will follow and teaching best practices. Your focus will always be to ensure that we follow the highest levels of care and integrity, stand in compliance with GAAP accounting, and are aware of new accounting pronouncements. You will be playing an integral role on the team in the monthly preparation of the accounting team’s journal entries, account reconciliations, accrual estimates, monthly close process and financial statements and reporting, forecasting, and other responsibilities as appropriate for the role.
You will have expertise in your area, working and coordinating across multiple teams, as well as improving upon the team’s accounting procedures. You will analyze key financial and operating data to improve the business overall, then communicate the data and your conclusions clearly to business owners. You will be responsible for unique financial projects and understanding and operating our accounting system and e-commerce platforms. You will report to the Director of Finance, who serves as people manager for the accounting team.
If you relish the challenge of growing a small company from tens of millions of dollars in pre-orders to billions in revenue, you’re going to have an amazing time at Glowforge.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field and 3+ years of experience
- Experience preparing financial reports, reconciling account balances and analyzing the output of your efforts
- You consistently produce high quality work, accurate results
- You have a good foundation in financial reporting and GAAP accounting and can apply your knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and procedures to solve issues that arise with skill and integrity
- Act as a mentor to lower level staff, providing support and direction in our systems, processes and best practices
- You have strong Excel and accounting system skills You’re eager to develop a world-changing company with us!
It Would Be Nice If
- You have or are workings towards a CPA
- You have prior accounting experience with a start-up, a manufacturing company or both
- You have public accounting experience
- You have prior experience in NetSuite
- You are personally excited about what Glowforge is building
- You love making things with your hands – 3D printing, knitting, woodworking, furniture building; it doesn’t matter what.
Send us a resume or Linkedin link. And please, send us a cover letter that tells us what you’re excited about doing with us!
There's one more, very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at email@example.com.We hope you can join us.