Sourcing Program Manager
Seattle, WA - Full-timeApply to this Job
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've built a product we're incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.
We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
We'd love to have you join us. This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this beautiful city.
Why we need you
Delivering a world where anyone can print anything requires breakthrough, innovative products. Behind those products are hundreds of companies who have contributed to that product's greatness. Those companies are often managed by forward-thinking professionals who know how to apply state of the art Sourcing practices throughout the development process. Is that you, who can transform our supply base and practices, “best of breed” companies can only dream of? If so, join us! None of this greatness happens without you!
Here’s what you will be doing
Each Glowforge is comprised of thousands of individual parts from various suppliers from all over the world. As Sourcing Project Manager, you’ll be responsible for orchestrating the symphony that is ensuring all suppliers and all components are ready for the Product launch. Your measurement system will hold all suppliers accountable to deliver with excellence: highest quality, reliable supply, meeting the cost targets and on schedule. You will work hand in hand with our Engineering, Sourcing, Manufacturing, and Quality teams to ensure that our suppliers deliver what's expected of them at every critical milestone in the development lifecycle.
Specifically, you will:
- Facilitate the cross functional supplier selection process for the majority of the components
- Secure early Supplier involvement and full alignment with our product specifications, quality requirements, schedule, cost and capacity
- Participate in Design and Process reviews to identify risks, opportunities and CTQ (Critical to Quality, Function and Safety) characteristics, and ensure these are being addressed in our supply chain
- Measure and report the overall Supplier readiness at key milestones
- Ensures the product cost meets our target by working closely with Sourcing Managers and finding solutions if actual cost exceeds target
- Identify, evolve and implement Sourcing processes and standards for launching new products
You Need These Qualifications:
- Deep experience with Product Development, Sourcing, Supplier Quality and ManufacturingEngineering degree (BS / MS)
- A minimum 10 years of experience with New Product Introductions or Strategic Sourcing, and at least and 2 years of experience as a technical program manager
- Your collaborative approach and clear communication will delight suppliers and colleagues across multiple countries and departments
- Your objective approach and drive for continuous improvements only strengthens the excellent relationship you have built with suppliers.
- You are available to travel up to 60% of the time
It would be nice if…
- You have experience with Should-Cost modeling
- You are at least familiar with advanced supplier quality management methodologies adopted by the Tech Industry
- You are passionate about working in a startup environment, in which you often have to develop and standardize new approaches and be open to do things differently.
There's one more, very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope you can join us.