Social Media Manager
Seattle, WA - Full-timeApply to this Job
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've built a product we're incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.
We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
We'd love to have you join us.
This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this beautiful city.
Why we need you
It’s incredible to see the level of passion for Glowforge on social media. Just check out #glowforge and you’ll see what we mean. We’ve amassed quite the following across our social media, but we always want to reach more people and spark more conversations about Glowforge.
To do that, we need to share thumb-stopping content that grabs people’s attention, tells a story, and compels them to like, comment, and share the post like wild. That’s where you come in.
Social media is the single most important part of how people view our company. It’s a window into the magical world of owning a Glowforge. Without showing up there for our current and future customers, we’ll never be able to fulfill our mission - a world where anyone can print anything.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
Using your incredible experience in social media, you’ll create content that gets us in front of millions of current and future customers, every week.
Specifically, you’ll be:
- Developing content for our social media channels including Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter - and whatever new platforms emerge next!
- Writing captions, curating user-generated content, and developing new video and photo content to post
- Methodically testing and analyzing content to identify trends and best practices that will increase our organic reach and engagement
- Developing our social media playbook to inform new social content moving forward
- Collaborating with the broader social media team to ensure we’re delivering a delightful experience for current and future customers
You need these qualifications
- You have cultivated massively successful social media accounts
- You have proven experience developing incredibly engaging social media content for brands or agencies
- You have expertise developing content for a variety of social channels and platforms
- You’re a compelling writer, and your work gets tremendous engagement from readers
- You know how to use data to inform content marketing plans - at the end of the day, you love to experiment and track results
It would be nice if…
- You can show us countless viral Instagram Reels or TiKToks that you’ve created
- You have a personal passion for what we’re making...in fact, the idea of getting to use a Glowforge all day sounds like your dream job!
Equal opportunity employment
There's one more, very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at email@example.com. We hope you can join us.