Senior UX/UI Designer, Growth
Seattle, WA - Full-timeApply to this Job
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've built a product we're incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
We'd love to have you join us.
This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this wonderful city.
Why We Need You
You design e-commerce experiences that people love, and we need you to help them fall in love with Glowforge. Today, Glowforge.com is the destination for millions of folks, which means you’ll be creating something that millions will use to help them make a big decision.
You’re an exceptional designer; you could work anywhere! We know that, but we think you’ll be happiest here. Glowforge has an incredible future ahead of us, and you’ll get the chance to build the face of a major brand that does something good! You can help millions of people discover a new way to create the things they care about, for the people they care about.
Imagine what it will be like when everyone can turn their ideas into reality at the press of a button. They just need to see how. We think you're the one to show them.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
You'll author an on-site experience that represents who we are, what we stand for, and the magic that we want to enable in the world. It’s your design work that epitomizes the Glowforge experience, and represents the best version of ourselves.
Simply put: you’ll be the principal designer for glowforge.com - partnering with visual designers, product managers, engineers, data scientists, and our creative team to ensure that customers fall in love with our product. This includes:
- Owning the end-to-end user experience and design strategy across Glowforge.com
- Inventing and evolving new visual and interaction designs based on experience, requirements, brand guidelines, and user needs
- Creating user-focused designs (mockups, prototypes) informed by feedback, requirements, and your user research - through interviews, focus groups, online research tools
- Collaborating with other senior designers, marketers, content strategists, product managers, and technologists
- Advocating for design excellence, craftsmanship, and usability in all aspects of the online experience
You need these qualifications
- 5+ years' experience in delivering award-winning e-commerce products to market including 3+ years of experience working on consumer facing, digital products.
- Distinguished portfolio of modern and progressive UI architecture, interaction and visual designs
- Proficiency using contemporary design tools to solve complex problems and communicate in visually stunning detail
- Experience measuring and testing your designs against business metrics and analyzing user experience flows for improved sales and customer experience
- Bachelor or Master Degree in design
It would be nice if you have...
- Strong prototyping and/or motion graphic skills
- A personal love of what we’re building
In your cover letter, in addition to whatever you’d like to say, please tell us about the product or feature you’re most proud of in your portfolio. What about it makes you grin from ear to ear?
There's one more, very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd love to have you join us.