Senior Test Engineer, Hardware
Seattle, WA - Full-timeApply to this Job
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've built a product we're incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.
We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
We'd love to have you join us.
Why we need you:
Many of the most magical features of the Glowforge come from the calibrations and testing we do at the factory. We need to intimately understand the whole system, so we can be sure it’s performing correctly in the field.
You'll be a key part of the core team that designs critical production calibration and test equipment, actively making our products perform better and reducing the risk of HW issues affecting our customers. Without you and your masterful engineering work to carry us forth, a future where the Glowforge is a household product may not come to fruition.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
The Manufacturing Software and Test Engineering team touches every aspect of how we test our hardware, from PCBA tests at suppliers to sub-system tests and calibrations on the production line to validation of our upcoming designs. You’ll help architect, build and deploy a complete suite of testers for each product to ensure that our customers only get great Glowforges.
- Creating test plans, designing, and building functional testers for both sub-assemblies and PCBAs.
- Partnering with other disciplines at Glowforge, including Physics, FW, SW, EE and ME to ensure our production test coverage delivers the best product experience possible.
- Building and documenting a cohesive test architecture across all parts of a production line.
- Traveling to and working with our manufacturers around the world to support production at volume.
You need these core qualifications:
- You have 5+ years of industry experience and a four year degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering (or equivalent experience).
- You are comfortable owning electromechanical test automation and have brought tester designs from concept through production at scale– making many thousands or even millions of units.
- You routinely scope and estimate complex technical projects, then fully execute the plan.
- You have a high level of proficiency in an ECAD package, such as Altium Designer, for generating custom printed circuit board designs.
- You are a confident programmer with Python, from backend functionality to operator UI design.
It would be nice if:
- You have camera system testing experience.
- You have proficiency with a mechanical CAD package, like Solidworks, and can integrate mechanical constraints into your designs.
- You have worked with testing platforms built on small-scale Linux devices, such as a Raspberry Pi or Intel NUC.
- You are familiar with Docker and containerized deployments of applications.
- You have made something using a web API or micro service systems.
Send us a resume or LinkedIn link. And please, send a cover letter that tells us what you’re excited about doing with us!
There's one more, very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope you can join us.