Senior Systems Analyst - Customer Support
DENVER, COLORADO | SEATTLE, WASHINGTON - Full-timeApply to this Job
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference. Together, we've built a product we're exceptionally proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.
We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this wonderful city.
Why We Need You
Our company is growing exceptionally fast, and we need your experience and skills to support our team and help scale our business. The Customer Success team takes care of customers from post-sale support through customer service and technical support interactions. As our team grows to meet the evolving needs of our customers they need tools and systems that enable them to deliver amazing customer support.
From streamlining workflows to bringing new tools online, we need your keen insights to transform the way we take care of our customers and our team members. Without this transformation we will not succeed!
We have the best customers. They deserve the best support. If you visit our forums you will see people who are in love with this magnificent making machine and you will also see people frustrated by the support they are getting from us. We are changing that and you will be a key part of this transformation!
Our company is growing exceptionally fast, and as our team grows to meet the evolving needs of our customers they need better tools and systems that enable them to deliver amazing customer support. Without your keen insights and deep experience we will not be able to deliver the support experience our customers deserve. Simply put, without you we cannot succeed.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
When we were smaller, it was ok for everyone to own and administer our tools. However, as we've grown, we've realized that we need a specialist who has complete ownership of the tools we use to support our customers. That will be 25% of your role.
50% of your work will be assessing what systems and tools our team needs to be able to dramatically improve the level of service we are providing our customers. Your assessment will lead to recommendations on build vs buy, improvements to our current systems and efficiencies in the way we use our tools.
Finally, 25% of your time will be spent partnering closely with our business systems team, software teams and others departments to drive transformational initiatives across the company.
You need these qualifications
- A four-year degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field such as Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar, and at least 5 years of professional experience in similar roles.
- You have a history of delivering system or process improvements that have measurably improved performance in key metrics like time to resolution, service level, and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to generate clear specifications used by internal teams or external vendors for both the development of custom tools and the customization of off-the-shelf systems.
- Proven track record of well-managed deployments and effectively executed change management.
- Experience leading projects across functional areas to deliver solutions.
- You have worked in a multi-channel (email, chat, voice, social) customer support environment.
It would be nice if
- You have experience vetting out of the box / vendor-provided solutions against team requirements and providing business recommendations
- Experience with application administration, including experience configuring and troubleshooting customer service software systems (Zendesk, Sprout Social, ERP systems and similar)
- Have start-up experience working in a fast-paced environment
- You love making things - knitting, woodworking, 3D printing, furniture building - it doesn’t matter what.
There's one more, very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd love to have you join us.