Senior Software Engineer, Computer Vision
Remote - Full-TimeApply to this Job
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other.
We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we’ve built a product we’re incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.
We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
We’d love to have you join us.
We’re a remote-first company - just let us know where you prefer to work from.
Why We Need You
What sets Glowforge apart is taking immense technical complexity and making it seamless, even magical, for our beloved customers. Without you, they would be fussing with calibrations and alignments instead of bringing their creations to life. But you are that magician who can model lasers and cameras with many degrees of freedom and produce results that are accurate to the width of a human hair. You see the latest advances in computer vision and machine learning as a world of opportunity to enable and delight.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
First and foremost, any task that helps us craft extraordinary products! That will include stretching your coding skills in new directions and pitching in when your colleagues need help. You’ll be:
- Participating in planning sessions with the whole product team, building the user stories, requirements, and specifications that drive development.
- Creating quick prototypes, MVP solutions, and production-strength features.
- Designing and developing unique, laser-accurate computer vision systems that give our customers creative superpowers.
- Partnering with the manufacturing and hardware teams to support the construction and shipment of pixel-perfect optical systems.
You need these qualifications
- You’re skilled with Python, C++, and OpenCV
- You’ve successfully shipped robust, well-tested computer vision systems for a product that people love
- You’re experienced with developing and deploying back-end systems in the cloud
- You’re a whiz at using classical computer vision techniques and 3D geometry to solve real-world problems with high accuracy
- You love technical communication and can explain complex computer vision concepts non-specialist engineers so they can interface with and adapt your systems
While this role is written for someone with a four-year degree and years of proven experience, if you’re great at what you do and excited about what we do, we want to talk to you — whether you’re brand new to the industry or have decades of experience.
It would be nice if…
- You’re experienced with training and deploying deep neural networks and have retrained an off-the-shelf model with a dataset of your own
- You’ve been involved in the manufacturing of camera hardware or have a background in optics design
- You’re skilled with camera calibration and optimization problems
- You know your way around GPUs and can enhance systems using CUDA
Send us a resume or a link to whatever showcases your skills the best. If a resume isn’t handy, a LinkedIn profile or GitHub account is fine.
There’s one more, very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We’d be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope you can join us.