Seattle, WA - Full-timeApply to this Job
Glowforge is a beautiful device that sits on your desk. It uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard.
There is an incredible demand for what we’re creating. It’s not a geeky tool for the tech elite or a garage workshop; we’re crafting an iconic product that is going to change the way people think about creativity. Our customers include consumers, digital designers, crafters, engineers, teachers, artists, and more. It’s already the biggest crowdfunding campaign in history, and now that it’s available at retail, the fun is really starting.
This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this beautiful city.
Why we need you
Our customers’ Glowforges are their tools. Tools are used daily when they are reliable and trustworthy, and abandoned when they’re not. That means it’s your expertise in software quality that is the difference between a magnificent product people love and the world’s worst paperweight. It’s you who will elevate the experience from “web-connected gadget” to “life-changing innovation”. Your empathy for our beloved customers, our software engineers, and our customer success team (aka: your new best buds) ensures that the Glowforge product line is the amazing product our customers deserve.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
You will work with multiple teams, from full-stack web developers to embedded systems engineers, to deliver new functionality and improved reliability for Glowforge customers.
You’ll be an integral part of planning new features so that they are testable, and as one of the people that uses the product the most, you’ll help flag usability challenges and work with product, design, and engineering to resolve them.
In a typical week you might write integration tests that exercise our entire system, black-box test features that don’t have automated tests, and run a beta program with lighthouse customers on our community forum.
You need these qualifications
- You have a demonstrated ability to focus on quality issues that deeply impact users and make pragmatic trade-offs
- You have the patience and persistence to develop and execute black-box test matrices
- You have a 4 year degree or equivalent experience, plus at least 5 years of professional experience in integration and performance testing of web systems
- You have proven experience in test framework architecture and design
- You have a thorough understanding and are passionate about the software development lifecycle, and its implementation within agile, scrum, lean, etc.
It would be nice if ...
- You’ve worked in and understand the challenges of the IoT space
- You have exposure to digital image processing, vision, or robotics
- You worked with cloud operations, including deployment and orchestration, on AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure
- You’ve been responsible for shipping a product that people love
- You have start-up experience working in a fast-paced environment
Send us a resume or a link to whatever showcases your skills the best. If a resume isn’t handy, a LinkedIn profile or GitHub account is fine. We can’t wait to meet you.
One more, very important thing: we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We’re strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. For us, this is the only acceptable way to do business.