Senior Product Manager
Seattle, WA - Full-timeApply to this Job
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've built a product we're incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
We'd love to have you join us.
This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this wonderful city.
Why We Need You
Our customers surprise us every day with what they make on Glowforge - heirlooms for special occasions, functional everyday tools, or whole lines of products for their businesses. We take their interests, skills and passion and multiply them. We love that our work matters in helping people realize their vision and build things that amaze.
Our secret sauce is our software, and that’s where you come in!
We need your strategic instincts, keen customer insights, deep technical understanding and intrepid execution to push the boundary of what is possible. You’ll help us bring Glowforge to homes around the world by building experiences that unlock the possibilities of our cloud-connected hardware with software, and supercharge every user’s imagination and creative powers.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
The Product team touches every aspect of the customer journey. You will:
- Define and drive your area’s strategic roadmap and own key business results
- Develop a deep understanding of our full technical stack and define features that take advantage of our computer vision, machine learning, web and hardware technologies.
- Deliver detailed technical specifications that bring clarity to all partners and turn conceptual ideas into amazing reality.
- Partner with top-notch engineering, design, customer success, growth and sales teams to tackle cross disciplinary problems.
- Make decisions big and small with incomplete information using your product sense, customer insights and analytical chops. You’ll then quickly build minimally viable experimentations to learn and iterate.
- Dive into metrics and user feedback to deeply understand current and prospective customers and generate insights that shape the future of the product.
You need these qualifications
- At least 5 years of product management experience with a proven record of building and launching well-loved consumer-facing products.
- Deep technical knowledge of every product that you’ve worked on, and have built on that understanding to create easy to use features loved by everyday users
- Ability to use both quantitative and qualitative tools to understand your users, how they engage, and measure the impact of your work.
- Strong user experience sensibilities and appreciation for intuitive and delightful interface design that conveys just the right amount of information
- Outstanding communication skills - whether you’re writing a technical spec, customer communication, or a 3-word headline for a landing page.
- A deep desire to create a magnificent, iconic product - while still knowing when and how you can make trade-offs to execute quickly.
It would be nice if...
- Worked on a software product that interacts with hardware.
- Made things with your hands – 3D printing, knitting, woodworking, leatherworking; it doesn’t matter what.
- Worked in a startup environment before, and thrive in the ambiguity (and excitement) that arise.
Send us a resume or LinkedIn link. And please, include a cover letter that tells us what you’re excited about doing with us!One more, very important thing: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We’re strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. For us, this is the only acceptable way to do business.