Senior Product Line Manager
Remote - Full-timeApply to this Job
Glowforge is a beautiful device that sits on your desk. It uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself! The Glowforge experience comes from our blend of spectacular hardware, simple and powerful software, and materials that have intelligence built right in.
At Glowforge, that magic comes together in a company where we take care of each other. We hire amazing people who thrive in tight-knit teams, and want to make a difference.
We'd love to have you join us. We're a remote-first company - just let us know where you prefer to work from.
Why We Need You
The secret to our success is the balance between hardware, software, and Proofgrade materials. The results are only as good as the ingredients: we source sustainable, beautiful materials that are custom-fabricated to print reliably and safely. They're coated, digitally encoded, safety tested, and more so Glowforge owners can just click and print. From the finest leathers to colorful acrylic to rich hardwoods, Proofgrade materials are the secret behind millions of successful creations.
This is where you come in.
The Proofgrade product line is expanding and growing. You're the one who can make the product and the business amazing. You'll call on your analytical, creative, project management, and marketing skills - but really, you'll be the creative and entrepreneurial force to make this business amazing.
Here’s What You’ll Be Doing
You will build and grow the Proofgrade business. That includes identifying and specifying the products, determining positioning, creating promotion strategies, analyzing competitive data, identifying market opportunities, and planning multi-year strategy. In short, you're going to use your entrepreneurial skill to build an amazing business.
- Research customer product requirements, offerings from competitors, and product gaps to choose new products.
- Work with finance to model new products, initiatives, and promotions.
- Work with suppliers, operations, and physics teams to identify and deliver phenomenal products.
- Analyze portfolio performance, including revenue, profitability, volume, price and quality and convert analysis into insights, actions and strategies.
- Do anything and everything to make the business you are responsible for incredible, from shopping competitors, to interviewing customers, to running test prints yourself.
You Need These Qualifications
- At least 5 years of experience as an entrepreneur or a manager responsible for a line of products
- You can easily list dozens of decisions, large and small, that you've had to make to create successful product lines
- You're comfortable collaborating with people on diverse teams, from finance to physics to software to operations, to deliver amazing results together
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in business, engineering, economics, computer science or similar analytical field, or equivalent experience
- You have a history of defining and delivering products that resonate with consumers
- You're excellent at working with finances, potentially including an MBA or similar education
It Would Be Nice If...
- You developed your skills at a company with a broad line of consumer products
- You're a maker yourself
- You've lived the life of both a startup and a bigger, established company
- You have experience in fashion and trend-driven businesses
Most of all, we want you to be passionate about building the Proofgrade business and helping Glowforge grow in the process!
There's one more very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at email@example.com. We'd love to have you join us.