Senior Performance Marketing Manager, Growth
Seattle, WA - Full-timeApply to this Job
Glowforge is a beautiful device that sits on your desk. It uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard.
There is an incredible demand for what we’re creating. It’s not a geeky tool for the tech elite or a garage workshop; we’re crafting an iconic product that is going to change the way people think about creativity. Our customers include consumers, digital designers, crafters, engineers, teachers, artists, and more. It’s already the biggest crowdfunding campaign in history, and now that it’s available at retail, the fun is really starting.
This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this beautiful city.
Why We Need You
The Glowforge community is a large, passionate, and diverse group of customers who are beyond the moon about their new laser-fueled superpowers, and the Growth team is focused on bringing more and more passionate people into this community every day. We drive the customer journey - from the moment they hear about Glowforge through a friend or an advertisement, through their learning process, and right up until the Glowforge lands on their door. Often, our customers don’t even realize how much Glowforge could change their lives. It’s our job to show them the breadth of what is possible - from a creative birthday present to a home-reorganization to building their very own business and fulfilling life-long dreams. We need your creative ideas, keen analysis, and quick actions to reach even more individuals. You have the expertise to turn data into ideas, the passion to stay up to date on changes in online advertising platforms, and the brilliant and creative ‘what-if’ thoughts of how to reach more customers. With your guidance, we can build our growth efforts and achieve what we all know is possible - bringing creativity to the home of millions of people.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
Understanding how to communicate laser superpowers through advertisements and SEM is no small feat. How do you turn actual magic into pictures? Words? Videos?
There are complexities about explaining the magic of the Glowforge - from laser-power technology to the breadth of what you can make, to how it will improve every day lives, and how many different types of customers we have. We need you to take on this complexity, use a key understanding of paid advertising channels, and communicate simply and effectively with all of our future customers.
As a performance marketing manager at Glowforge, it will be a constant challenge to test new channels, new creative, new conversion metrics. You’ll need to quantify impact across multiple touchpoints that Glowforge will have with a customer. You’ll need to ensure we’re doing this in a profitable way for the company.
- Paid advertising at Glowforge - the channels, tactics, and results. You’ll own strategy creation to building and scaling across all channels. You’ll lead the budget for paid user acquisition.
- Working closely with our channel partners or agencies in delivering significant results, under bold timelines.
- Leading constant A/B and multivariate testing of potential new programs and ideas.
- Identifying the right creative. You’ll work with designers, photographers, creators, writers - but are happy to throw together photos and copy that you believe will speak to our customers in an instant if you need to do it yourself too. Then you’ll test it, over and over again.
- Collaborating with the Growth engineering team - making sure that the individuals we bring to Glowforge.com continue on their journey to discover the magic of what Glowforge can do in a significant way.
- Thinking of creative ways we can reach our customers; with Glowforge, seeing really is believing.
- Reporting out on what you find - and sharing this data in a visual way that is easy to understand by executives across the company.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of with performance marketing responsibility in a fast-paced company environment.
- You’re an authority in paid social channels - Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Reddit, and love keeping up to date with the changing ads landscape.
- You’ve got years of experience in SEM, and stay up-to-date with changes in the space
- You’re analysis-obsessed and have been told it’s a strength throughout your career. SQL, Tableau (or similar tools) - all daily tools for you.
- You’ve managed ad agencies and know how to be an effective partner
- You love growing and developing teams of your own
It would be nice if...
- You have both startup and big company experience
- You have experience with software, hardware, and B2C products.
- You love the art and science of marketing.
- You’ve identified and executed on creative paid campaigns - outside the norm - such as roadshows with substantial ROIs, experimentation with brand new channels, or building out affiliate programs.
- You consider yourself a crafter, maker, designer, or artists, and love to create things yourself
In your cover letter, in addition to whatever you’d like to say, please tell us about a campaign or channel that you worked on that you’re proud of, and what contribution you made that you’re most excited about.
One more, very important thing: we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We’re strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. For us, this is the only acceptable way to do business.