Senior Manager Ecommerce
Remote - Full-timeApply to this Job
Glowforge is a beautiful device that sits on your desk. It uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. If you haven’t already, check out our video on glowforge.com. While you’re there, you’ll notice something amazing: Glowforge is the largest crowdfunding campaign in history. There is an incredible demand for what we’re creating. It’s not a geeky tool for the tech elite or a garage workshop; we’re crafting an iconic product that is going to change the way people think about creativity. Our customers include consumers, digital designers, crafters, engineers, teachers, artists, and more.
Why We Need You
Glowforge is an amazing product that draws millions of new visitors to our site every month.
It’s also category-defining, which means people have a lot of questions about how the Glowforge works, what it can do for them and how it will make their lives or businesses better. That’s where you come in. We need the experience of learning about and purchasing the Glowforge to be as magical as that of using it.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
Your superpower is building web experiences that are intuitive, informational, and compelling. You’ll stand at the intersection of company goals and consumer expectations, delighting prospects and converting them into buyers at new levels.
You’ll be juggling considerations from the best customers in the world, passionate coworkers, customer support data, and the long-term strategy of the company. The priorities you set and the questions you ask will be the difference between another “maker machine” and transforming the way the global economy works with a fabrication device in every home.
As a eCommerce manager at Glowforge, it will be a constant challenge to understand the customers we serve. This means talking to Glowforge owners and possible future owners, poring over user data, diving deep into projects our customers have created, and more. Equipped with this knowledge, you’ll work to balance customer impact, conversion goals, and resource constraints in order to hit our revenue targets.
- Own a website experience that captures the imagination of prospects and drives them to purchase sooner and in greater numbers than ever by helping them to understand how and why our amazing machine belongs in their life.
- Partner with the sales and marketing teams to build an on-site experience that’s cohesive with offsite activity and optimized for customer segments, interests, and prior activity.
- Work closely with the Testing and Optimization manager to drive continuous improvement through rigorous hypothesis building and testing.
- Work with the Product Team to define and iterate on a site roadmap that anticipates changing technologies, user patterns, and market challenges.
- Communicate and evangelize your vision for the website with the executive team and broader company to ensure buy-in and support.
You need these qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree in business or marketing or equivalent experience.
- At least one prior role with eCommerce responsibility for a consumer product company.
- You know how to measure an eCommerce site’s health and are well-versed with the tools for doing so. You get great feedback on the clarity and accuracy of your Business Requirements documentation
It would be nice if...
- You have both startup and big company experience as an eCommerce manager.
- You’ve been involved in selling high-end products with a considerate period.
- You love to make things. It doesn’t matter what tools or materials are your passion - you’re excited about creating things.
In your cover letter, in addition to whatever you’d like to say, please tell us about a website that you worked on that you’re proud of and what contribution you made that you’re most excited about.
One more very important thing: we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We’re strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. For us, this is the only acceptable way to do business.