Senior Manager, Customer Support
Seattle, WA - Full-timeApply to this Job
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've built a product we're incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.
We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
We'd love to have you join us.
This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this beautiful city.
Why we need you
The Customer Success team's unofficial motto is, "We have the BEST customers". They're remarkable and creative and amazing. When they experience a challenge, they come to us expecting us to make it right, and we shape not only whether or not they succeed but also how they feel about Glowforge. Our company will succeed or fail based on the experience we deliver. We're facing dynamic growth, and we need your expertise and your collaborative leadership skills to guide us so that each customer glows with delight. We need your stellar capacity for innovation to guide us to iterate and explore as we expand into more channels, geographies, business lines and service offerings. We need your authentic mentorship to enhance the skills and improve the performance of our delightful, results-oriented team members.
Here's what you'll be doing
- You’ll be a key leader in the Customer Success group:
- Be our Customer Experience conscience: You're insightful and intuitive and you will get to know our customers -- you'll know with clarity and detail what drives happiness and dissatisfaction. - -- You'll tell compelling stories that ensure others see through the customers' eyes so that we do more of what the customers love - both within Customer Success and across the company.
- Drive strategy, vision, innovation & implementation: As we move into a future of support excellence, international expansion, elegant self-service, and expanded community support, we'll also be developing our operational capacity and our people. You will lead crucial initiatives and you'll bring your insight and ideas to advise others, too.
- Manage People: You’ll lead and mentor a caring, high-capacity team as they expand their skills in serving customers and leading the projects crucial to developing our documentation, processes, policies, and systems.
- Delve into Data: You'll dive curiously into our mountains of data and make sure that our actions are accurately guided by numbers and trends.
You need these qualifications
- You care about people. You have limitless patience and see people's frustration as an opportunity to help. You love finding solutions to customer challenges.
- You're a powerful leader of customer-facing teams with experience crafting team strategies that rigorously measure and improve performance.
- You are an experienced manager and your past team members are eager to work for you again.
- You are a reliable project manager with phenomenal communication skills
- You’re adept at asking questions and evaluating data to clearly understand needs and develop solutions.
- You have 10+ years of experience in customer service & leadership, plus a four-year degree or equivalent experience.
It would be nice if you...
- Have worked at a small company like a tech startup and are experienced at scaling teams, systems, and processes.
- Bring deep knowledge of emerging and established CX practices.
- Have experience working with geographically distributed teams, perhaps including vendor operations.
- Are personally passionate about our products.
- Love making things - knitting, woodworking, 3D printing, furniture building - it doesn’t matter what.
There's one more, very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope you can join us.