Senior Growth Marketer
Seattle, WA - Full-timeApply to this Job
Glowforge is a beautiful device that sits on your desk. It uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard.
There is an incredible demand for what we’re creating. It’s not a geeky tool for the tech elite or a garage workshop; we’re crafting an iconic product that is going to change the way people think about creativity. Our customers include consumers, digital designers, crafters, engineers, teachers, artists, and more. It’s already the biggest crowdfunding campaign in history, and now that it’s available at retail, the fun is really starting.
This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this beautiful city.
Why We Need You
Our company is working every day to unlock people’s creativity. Our product is beloved by our customers, and it’s the Growth Team’s job to bring more and more passionate people into our community of creators every day.
Our team drives the customer journey - from the moment they hear about Glowforge through a friend or an advertisement, through their learning process, and right up until the Glowforge lands on their door. Most of our customers have no idea a product like ours exists until they hear about us. It’s up to us to introduce them to the amazing possibilities behind owning a Glowforge 3D laser printer: from a creative birthday present to a home-reorganization to building their very own business and fulfilling life-long dreams.
This is where you come in.
We are just at the start of our journey learning how to connect with our customers. We need your creative ideas, keen analysis, and quick actions to keep the word spreading. We need your insight and expertise to guide our investments to where they can touch the most people’s lives. We need you to support our growth and fulfill our goal of bringing creativity to the home of millions of people.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
We’ve achieved our incredible success so far with just a few all-in marketing investments. This job is all about finding the next big opportunities to scale. You’ll dig in, understand our marketing strategy, and create a list of growth marketing tests so long, we get tired of hearing about them. You’ll then prioritize them, get feedback from your peers, and start testing - doubling down on those that work, canceling those that don’t, and growing our knowledge and success with each experiment.
From lead gen programs, to affiliate marketing, to billboards - it’s up to you to pursue whatever you think is the secret to our future success. What works for other companies may work for Glowforge, but it may not. It will be a wild adventure to learn all the approaches we can use to steer our company forward.
- Proposing and experimenting with novel growth marketing programs
- Managing budget to test dozens of your growth hypotheses
- Analyzing the results of your experiments and doubling down on those that work
- Mentoring others on the Growth team based on your extensive experience
You need these qualifications
- You have a four-year degree or equivalent experience.
- You have at least five years of growth marketing experience.
- You have been personally responsible for conceiving of creative marketing campaigns, executing them, and measuring the results
- You can explain the results of every test you run with data you pull from tools like Google Analytics, Tableau, and Mixpanel.
- You are deeply, personally excited about what we’re creating at Glowforge.
It would be nice if...
- You’ve been a key part of driving rapid growth at multiple venture-backed startups
- You’ve had more than a decade of principal-level marketing experience
- You have extensive experience in many of the areas you might choose to investigate, for example: ads, events, SEO, affiliate programs, and more.
Send us a resume or Linkedin link. And please, send us a cover letter that tells us what you’re excited about doing with us!
One more, very important thing: we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We’re strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. For us, this is the only acceptable way to do business.