Senior Electrical Engineer
Seattle, WA - Full-timeApply to this Job
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've built a product we're incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.
We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
We'd love to have you join us. This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this beautiful city.
Why We Need You
As Glowforge enters a new chapter of growth, we are building new products that will deliver our magic to more people than ever before. We need you to make this possible, and help us bring these new products to the world!
Here’s what you’ll be doing
As a Senior Electrical Engineer, you’ll be responsible for taking lead in the design, testing and troubleshooting of new and existing: analog, high-speed digital and mixed-signal circuits to help us deliver a high quality consumer product. You’ll be interacting with colleagues, across departments, to guide the product development schedule. Also expect to be mentoring junior and mid-level engineers and technicians in proper design practices.
Specifically, you will be:
- Prototyping ideas and quickly iterating on designs including testing and debugging in a state-of-the-art electronics lab.
- Developing testing methodologies and fixtures for engineering validation.
- Authoring documents such as test procedures, troubleshooting processes, and results reporting for commercialization of our designs
- Helping diagnose existing designs for root cause issues and providing engineering advice on the way forward
You need these qualifications
- 5+ years of proven industry experience and a four-year degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering (or equivalent experience)
- A high level of proficiency in an ECAD package, such as Altium Designer, for schematics, simulation, and multi-layer PCB design
- The ability to accurately scope and work collaboratively on technical projects
- Practical experience with electromechanical system architecture
- Experience bringing IC-based board-level designs from concept to production
- Experience with digital design practices such as high speed signal processing methodologies and detailed board layout techniques
- Experience with mixed signal (analog and digital) design principles
It would be nice if you...
- Have excelled at a consumer HW startup or rapidly growing company
- Have previously designed laser systems and applications
- Have knowledge of high voltage power supply design and operation
- Have developed using embedded systems languages e.g. C/C++ and/or scripting languages like Python
- Have worked on designs DFx experience (testing, manufacturing, quality)
- Have worked directly with overseas suppliers and contract manufacturers
- Have brought designs through EMI/EMC testing on an exacting timeline
- Have solid modeling experience and can integrate mechanical constraints into your designs
Send us a resume or LinkedIn link. And please, send a cover letter that tells us what you’re excited about doing with us!There's one more, very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope you can join us.