Senior Data Analyst, Testing and Optimization
Seattle, WA - Full-timeApply to this Job
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've built a product we're incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.
We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything. We'd love to have you join us.
This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this beautiful city.
Why we need you
Here at Glowforge, we have an amazing product we’re anxious to tell the world about. We also have a passionate crew of smart people with loads of ideas and a few strong opinions on how to do just that!
We need someone to help us build a framework and infrastructure for testing that helps us prioritize the best tests, minimize the time between ideation and execution, and come away with clear insights on what’s working and why. We need someone who can make us love the process, not just the results! We know you can help us focus on the right ideas and to help more people than ever discover their inner creator."
Here’s what you’ll be doing
- Everyone wants to let data lead the way, but testing still feels like an afterthought. You’ll draw on your past experience to build a robust testing program for the Glowforge Growth and Sales teams, that engages and energizes partners to encourage full participation.
- You’ll introduce best practices to ensure that we’re properly defining our hypotheses, building rock solid testing plans, measuring accurately, and building on what we learn to constantly improve our game.
More specifically, you’ll:
- Own the testing roadmap, ensuring cross-functional alignment to overall business objectives and a rigorous testing schedule.
- Leverage data to identify behaviors, trends and insights that can be used for future testing, targeting and personalization.
- Work with stakeholders to identify key business questions, develop hypotheses, then define and prioritize the tests.
- Translate test results into meaningful insights and socialize findings across the team to maximize benefit.
You need these qualifications
- Excellent analytics skills used to decompose complex questions into key components then identify appropriate metrics and mechanisms for gaining actionable insights on them.
- Strong background in digital test design and measurement to ensure well-crafted, meaningful tests that inspire confidence in their results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to help
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize effectively
- Proficiency with digital marketing and analytics platforms, like Google Analytics, Adwords, Facebook.
- Extensive experience with digital testing platforms like Adobe Target, Google Optimize, or Optimizely.
It would be nice if…
- You have startup experience
- You are personally passionate for what we’re building - and can’t wait to get a Glowforge of your own.
Equal opportunity employment
There's one more, very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at email@example.com. We hope you can join us.