Senior Data Analyst, Growth
Remote - Full-timeApply to this Job
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've built a product we're incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth. We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
We're a remote-first company - just let us know where you prefer to work from!
Why We Need You
The Glowforge Growth team has the best job in town: we’re the ones who get the magic of Glowforge into new customer hands. Many customers take months (even years) to decide they want their own Glowforge, so we need to understand the data behind how we’re engaging with them, over time.
We’re a data-minded team that’s conducting dozens of experiments a month. We believe data tells its own story, and to do our best work, we learn from it each and every day. That means you have one of the most critical jobs in the company: helping us understand our customers better than we ever have before.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
We'll ask you to dig into our advertising data, our website traffic, our email metrics - even our livestream! Connect the dots between what you find, and work with the team to iterate on their initiatives to super-charge each and every one of them. You'll then tie it all together using our model for compounding growth (we call it the flywheel).
But beyond our current channels, you'll spend significant time every day digging into the data, searching for ideas or tactics that will make a lasting impact.
If you’re curious, and love studying data to gain insight - we have the job for you.
Key job functions:
- Sleuth through our data to illuminate customer behavior we'll use to design new experiments, then launch and watch them run
- Build and iterate on data dashboards and models we use to guide growth investments
- Share the wisdom you find around the company, from your colleagues out to the executive team
- Help build the tools and infrastructure behind our data platform and analysis capabilities
You need these qualifications
- Five+ years of professional experience in a similar role
- Extensive experience in statistical methods. You've calculated sample sizes thousands of times, explaining to the team the impact of taking “a peek” as the data comes in
- Fluency with SQL and data visualizations. You enjoy modify existing data models and creating new ones, then sharing them using Tableau or Metabase
- Experience with ad attribution and multi-touch models, and other marketing tools such as Google Analytics, FullStory and Segment
It would be nice if you...
- Have analytics engineering experience, specifically around transformations and using a DBT (data building tool)
- Have knowledge of survey and research design
- Love the art and science of good communication. Your colleagues look forward to opening your emails and attending your meetings
- Have start-up experience working in a fast-paced and demanding environment
Send us a resume or a link to whatever showcases your skills the best. We can’t wait to meet you!
There's one more, very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at email@example.com. We hope you can join us.