Senior Data Analyst - Customer Support
Seattle, WA - Full-timeApply to this Job
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've built a product we're incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.
We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this beautiful city.
Why We Need You
The Glowforge community is a large, passionate, and diverse group of customers who see their Glowforge as a way to unlock their creativity. We have the best customers. It’s something of an unofficial company motto, and it’s absolutely true!
As we grow our company, we are eager to understand and improve on the experiences we deliver to our customers. Every day, hundreds of interactions with our customers provides us with an opportunity to understand trends, improve our support systems, and to collect valuable feedback for product teams.
Your research, organization, visuals, and reports will help us take the right actions to delight our customers. And delighted customers are the foundation to our success. So come join us and directly contribute to the success of Glowforge!
Here’s what you’ll be doing
Partner with Customer Success leadership and across the organization to define business questions, translate those into data problems, and ensure we define, capture, process, analyze, and model data to reach a solution.
Delve into large volumes of unstructured customer data to tell compelling stories through dashboards and visualizations in order to answer questions and guide decision-making.
Engage colleagues and leaders by communicating insights and analyses in a way that is accessible and deepens their understanding of the customer and the product.
You need these qualifications
- A four-year degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field such as business, finance, or statistics and at least five years of professional experience in similar roles
- 8+ years of growing abilities in data extraction, storage, cleansing, analytics and visualization
- A proven background in statistical methods and data analysis working with both quantitative and qualitative data
- Demonstrated experience in clearly and effectively presenting information in a multi-functional environment – you enjoy telling a story with data and sharing the output of your work with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Mastery of spreadsheet tools and experience with SQL and data visualization tools like Tableau
- You have excelled in a support center environment with a solid grasp of industry-standard metrics or experience with contact center volume analysis and forecasting
It would be nice if...
- You have worked with Zendesk Explore, JIRA, BigQuery, or similar tools
- Have start-up experience working in a fast-paced environment
- You love making things - knitting, woodworking, 3D printing, furniture building - it doesn’t matter what.
Send us a resume or LinkedIn link. And please, include a cover letter that tells us what you’re passionate about doing with us!There's one more very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at email@example.com. We'd love to have you join us.