Senior Customer Success Specialist
Seattle, WA - Full-timeApply to this Job
Glowforge is a beautiful device that sits on your desk. It uses lasers to carve and engrave gorgeous products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard.
There is an incredible demand for what we’re creating. It’s not a geeky tool for the tech elite or a garage workshop; we’re crafting an iconic product that is going to change the way people think about creativity. Our customers include consumers, digital designers, crafters, engineers, teachers, artists, and more. It’s already the biggest crowdfunding campaign in history, and now that it’s available at retail, the fun is really starting.
This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this beautiful city.
Why we need you
We have the best customers, and our company will succeed or fail based on the experience they have with their Glowforge. When customers are thinking about purchasing a Glowforge printer, Proofgrade Materials, or a Design, they contact us. When they have great things to say, they let us know. When they experience a challenge, they’ll come to us expecting us to make it right. That’s where you come in. You are their hero. You’re the one who gets them through when they’re stuck, turns failures into successes, and makes our company’s passion for our customers real for each and every person who reaches out.
Here's what you'll be doing
You’ll be raising the bar for customer success. You’ll respond to customers and you’ll seek opportunities to improve the support we deliver and leave customers happier after receiving support than they were before they needed help.
You’ll spend much of your time taking care of our customers, and the rest improving how we take care of customers.
Taking care of our customers. You’ll look after the hardest customer service challenges -- the ones where the question has never been asked before or the customer is really upset. You’re going to teach people about Glowforge and you’ll answer questions and resolve challenges related to customers accounts, shipments, returns, and more. You’ll pride yourself on your empathy, patience, and creative problem-solving skills. Our customers will rave to their friends about the outstanding customer service you provide.
Improving how we take care of our customers. In between customer interactions, you’ll notice patterns across our customer service team and come up with ideas about what we can do to improve. You’ll propose policies, design systems, write documentation, and improve processes to help us take better care of our customers.
- Finding solutions to the trickiest customer service issues. You’ll resolve the immediate issue and help develop policy and processes for next time.
- Acting as a leader. You’ll plan and collaborate effectively with CS team members and management, external partners, and colleagues across Glowforge, and you’ll review the work of other team members.
- Analyzing data & creating solutions. Learning what thrills and bothers our customers, and using that knowledge to improve our content, our readiness, and the product itself.
- Leading initiatives to develop our tools and processes. Own and drive project or process development for complex and critical matters including emerging cross-functional issues.
You need these qualifications
- You have 5+ years professional experience working closely with a variety of people helping them tackle their problems. You can talk to someone who’s justifiably angry and transform them into an avid supporter.
- You’re a tenacious troubleshooter, comfortable diving into data or dialing strangers to delve into the unknown. You’re organized, insightful, and undaunted by conflicting priorities and able to work in situations with significant ambiguity.
- You know how to assess a situation, create a plan, and lead a project to success. You think creatively and systematically about changes to the existing process or system to improve the customer experience.
- You communicate successes and failures openly and frequently. You love helping people and mentoring colleagues, and are fast, thoughtful, and efficient about how you do it.
- You’re available to work late hours and holidays during peak periods.
- You love making things with your hands - 3D printing, knitting, woodworking, furniture building, doesn’t matter what.
It would be nice if...
- You have project management experience
- You’re experienced with one or more design tools like Illustrator, Photoshop, Inkscape, or CAD programs
- You have a four-year degree or equivalent experience
- You have examples of your support experience - for example, a manual you’ve written or public posts on a support board
- You have experience at a small company like a tech startup
Please send us your resume, and – more importantly – a cover letter that tells us about your interest here. We’re excited to meet you!
There's one more, very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at email@example.com.We hope you can join us.