Senior Customer Success Associate
Glowforge has created a 3D laser printer: a beautiful device that sits on your desk and uses a beam of light the width of a single hair to create almost anything, from handbags to robots. It can print from raw materials like wood, leather, cloth – even chocolate. And we’ve got more than 10,000 excited, creative, and delightful customers eagerly waiting for it to arrive on their doorstep.
After wrapping up the biggest 30 day crowdfunding campaign in history, we put together a team of incredible people who we are humbled and excited to call our co-workers. We hail from tech giants like Amazon, Google, and Apple, and top startups like Tableau, Tesla, and Evernote. One thing we have all have in common? We want to build see a future where printing a wallet (or a lamp, or a birthday card, or a stunning sushi wrap) is just as easy as printing a resume.
We’re about to introduce the world to a beautiful device that will catalyze a change in the way things are made. In every department, in every role, our company is for people who are passionate about creating things - from handbags to robots. If that sounds like you, we’re going to do amazing things together. We can’t wait to meet you.
Why We Need You
We have the best customers, and our company is going to succeed or fail based on the experience they have with their Glowforge. When customers are thinking about purchasing a Glowforge printer, Proofgrade Materials, or a Design, they reach out us. When they have great things to say, they let us know. When they experience a challenge, they’ll come to us expecting us to make it right. That’s where you come in. You are their hero. You’re the one who gets them through when they’re stuck, turns failures into successes, and makes our company’s passion for our customers real for each and every person who reaches out.
Here's what you'll be doing
This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this beautiful city.
You’re going to answer questions from before purchase through to printing success or, occasionally, warranty return. You’ll spend most of your time troubleshooting new or difficult issues for our customers. You’ll pride yourself on your empathy, patience, and creative problem-solving skills. Laser aficionados and newbies alike will be delighted to talk to you and rave to their friends about the top-notch customer service you provide.
In between customer interactions, you’ll notice patterns and come up with ideas about what we can do to improve. You’ll help us tune our processes to make things perfect for our customers.
- Learning really, really fast. You don’t know how Glowforge hardware or software works, and that’s OK. We’ll teach you! You’ll learn, and then teach our customers.
- Troubleshooting for our customers -- Why hasn’t their shipment arrived? Why didn’t their purchase go through? Why did that thing not work for them?
- Answering tickets about Glowforge software, hardware, materials and designs, shipping, account administration, how to design for the Glowforge, and more.
- Paying attention to what our customers are thrilled and bothered by, and using that help our team improve our process and our product.
- Keeping a positive disposition and level head even during the worst of times - late on a holiday when someone’s rightfully upset because something’s broken, and you’re the only one they have to talk to about it.
You need these qualifications
- You have professional experience working closely with a variety of people helping them solve their problems.
- You’re a tenacious troubleshooter, comfortable diving into data or dialing strangers to delve into the unknown. You’re organized, insightful, and undaunted by conflicting priorities.
- You love helping people, and are fast, thoughtful, and efficient about how you do it.
- You write well, communicate clearly, and listen like a champion.
- You’re available to work late hours and holidays during peak periods.
- You love making things with your hands - 3D printing, knitting, woodworking, furniture building, doesn’t matter what.
It would be nice if...
- You’ve supported customers in a high-performance, adaptable customer service, technical support or help desk team.
- You’re an experienced technical writer or community manager
- You’re experienced with one or more design tools like Illustrator, Photoshop, Inkscape, or CAD programs.
- You have a four-year degree or equivalent experience
- You have examples of your support experience - for example, a manual you’ve written or public posts on a support board
- You have experience at a small company like a tech startup.
Please send us your resume, and – more importantly – a cover letter that tells us about your interest here. If you have public examples of your writing, like a blog or website, please send us a link to those too. We’re excited to meet you!
One more, very important thing: we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We’re strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. For us, this is the only acceptable way to do business.