Senior Content Specialist, Customer Success
Glowforge is a beautiful device that sits on your desk. It uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard.
If you haven’t already, check out our video on glowforge.com. While you’re there, you’ll notice something amazing: Glowforge is the largest crowdfunding campaign in history. There is incredible demand for what we’re creating. It’s not a geeky tool for the tech elite or a garage workshop; we’re crafting an iconic product that is going to change the way people think about creativity. Our customers include consumers, digital designers, crafters, engineers, teachers, artists, and more.
Why we need you
We have the best customers, and our company is going to succeed or fail based on the experience they have with their Glowforge.
When our customers encounter difficulties, whether it’s the Glowforge app, the internals of their Glowforge, the design they’re working with or the materials they’re using, they’ll go to the website or write to support to find out what to do. You are the one that makes sure there is a helpful, accurate, and well-written answer ready for them.
Some of our customers are technically adept with years of experience using CNC tools while others are brand new to using technology to bring their creations to life. With you, we’ll open a world of possibilities for customers of all ages and levels of experience.
Here's what you'll be doing
This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this beautiful city.
You’ll make the path from question to answer really short so that customers can spend their time creating amazing things. You’ll make our content clear, consistent, useful and discoverable. You’ll research topics and create your content from scratch and you’ll smooth the edges of the rough drafts the team creates. You’ll write responses to emails, knowledge base articles, support pages, and scripts for videos too.
- Writing. You’ll create documents that are used by the team internally and self-service articles that get our customers back on track.
- Polishing. Proofreading, editing, and otherwise bettering mountains of copy.
- Organizing. We generate a lot of information and it all needs to be easy to find -- you’ll make that possible.
- Styling. You’ll ensure that our content is consistent in voice, vocabulary and tone.
- Improving. You’ll notice what content is useful and what leaves people confused, and make suggestions about how we can do it better, whether we need to use different vocabulary, clearer illustrations, or even videos.
- Learning! You’re going to learn our hardware, software, firmware, materials and designs inside and out.
You need these qualifications
- You have a four-year degree or equivalent experience.
- You’ve worked for at least two years writing content in a professional environment
- You’ve written an immense amount of content, some of which you’re proud of and can share.
- You are comfortable learning new technology and finding ways to share technical information so that it’s approachable by the least-geeky among us.
- You are deeply, personally excited about what we’re creating at Glowforge.
It would be nice if...
- You have experience in a technical support or customer service organization.
- You have experience with content management.
- You’re great at mentoring others in writing
- You love making things - knitting, woodworking, 3D printing, furniture building - it doesn’t matter what.
- You have worked at a startup or fast growing growing technology company.
Please send us your resume and writing samples, and – more importantly – a cover letter that tells us about your interest here. We’re excited to meet you!
One more, very important thing: we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We’re strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. For us, this is the only acceptable way to do business.