Senior Content Manager, Customer Success
Seattle, WA - Full-timeApply to this Job
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've built a product we're incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.
We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
We'd love to have you join us.
Why we need you
We have the best customers! It’s something of an unofficial company motto, and it’s absolutely true. The Glowforge community is a diverse and incredible group of customers who see their Glowforge as a way to unlock their creativity.
We have a team of caring, dedicated, and gifted individuals who are singularly united to help our customers. Unfortunately this team is too often blocked in their ability to provide care by the lack of readily accessible, clear and logically structured information. Our company will depend on you to own content creation for Customer Success, including planning, style, workflow, and much of the writing, too.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
We support a community of builders, makers and creators. When they have a problem, many pride themselves in being able to solve the problems alone, while others immediately reach out for help. All of them expect and deserve clear information that can help them navigate their challenges. You are the one responsible for making sure that we have a content plan, that we deliver efficiently on that plan, and that the content we provide is clear, accurate and helpful.
- You'll assess our documentation, content hierarchies, style guide, writing processes, risks, and plans and you'll build a roadmap for the months ahead. Once the plan's in place, you'll lead and project manage to ensure we deliver on it.
- You'll write and edit internal and customer-facing documents with empathy, clarity and accuracy.
- You'll collect and analyze data and insights so that we continually hone our writing. For example, we've been learning recently about what makes our customers happy; you'll bring our style guide and our content up to date accordingly.
- You'll coach and encourage. Our team will write better because of you.
This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this beautiful city.
You need these qualifications
- You have a bachelor’s degree in a field related to the role, or equivalent experience.
- You have 5+ years experience working as a writer with at least 2 years experience editing and proofreading other people’s writing.
- You're a skilled planner and project manager who moves easily between strategic and tactical initiatives.
- You are skilled at turning complicated ideas into simple prose that anyone can understand.
- You know your stuff when it comes to words, words, words.
It would be nice if you...
- have startup experience.
- have written in a broad variety of voices and styles.
- love making things - knitting, woodworking, 3D printing, furniture building - it doesn’t matter what!
Please send us your writing portfolio, plus a resume or LinkedIn link. We’d especially like to see examples of customer-facing copy. And please, send us a cover letter that shows us what you can do.
There's one more, very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at email@example.com. We hope you can join us.