Glowforge has created a 3D laser printer: a beautiful device that sits on your desk and uses a beam of light the width of a single hair to create almost anything, from handbags to robots. It can print from raw materials like wood, leather, cloth – even chocolate. And we’ve got more than 10,000 excited, creative, and delightful customers eagerly waiting for it to arrive on their doorstep.
After wrapping up the biggest 30 day crowdfunding campaign in history, we put together a team of incredible people who we are humbled and excited to call our co-workers. We hail from tech giants like Amazon, Google, and Apple, and top startups like Tableau, Tesla, and Evernote. One thing we have all have in common? We want to build see a future where printing a wallet (or a lamp, or a birthday card, or a stunning sushi wrap) is just as easy as printing a resume.
We’re about to introduce the world to a beautiful device that will catalyze a change in the way things are made. In every department, in every role, our company is for people who are passionate about creating things - from handbags to robots. If that sounds like you, we’re going to do amazing things together. We can’t wait to meet you.
Why We Need You
At the start of our crowdfunding campaign, we were a tiny startup with an interesting idea. 30 days and $27.9M later, we were at the forefront of a massive, undiscovered market opportunity with unprecedented demand and excitement.
Our company was built on the back of brilliant engineering and futuristic insight, but we are striving to create a business that will last for decades. For that, we must balance forward thinking and bold steps with careful analysis and rigorous controls - and that’s where you come in. By helping us track our expenses and revenues against plan, you can ensure that we don’t lose sight of the fundamentals because of our rocketship growth. Your work is essential to our long term success.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this beautiful city.
As a senior accountant your first task will always be to ensure that we follow the highest levels of care and integrity. Since you already have previous experience preparing financial reports, reconciling account balances and analyzing the output of your efforts, you will play a key role in helping manage to company to budgets, forecasts and business reports. Your insightful analysis will allow you interaction with all levels of management within the company. Being hands on, you won’t hesitate to jump in and solve real business issues. You will be part of a tight-knit group of finance professionals and together strive to deliver on the company’s vision without neglecting the day-to-day business needs.
We are a company for people who are passionate about bringing things to life. If you relish the challenge of growing a small company from tens of millions of dollars in pre-orders to billions in revenue, you’re going to have an amazing time at Glowforge.
- You will be an intricate part of the finance team and will own a myriad of high-touch responsibilities both tactical and strategic.
- You will play a key role in the implementation and maintenance of accounting procedures, journal entries, accounts reconciliations, monthly financial statements, billing, forecasting and other responsibilities as appropriate for the role.
- You will analyze key financial and operating data to improve the business overall, then communicate the data and your conclusions clearly to business owners.
- You will be responsible for unique financial projects and assist with the year end audit.
- You'll be called upon to use your creativity and analytical mind to help the business solve problems we haven't even thought of yet.
You need these qualifications
- You have a bachelor’s degree in accounting and 5+ years of experience.
- You can apply your knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and procedures to solve issues that arise with skill and integrity.
- You have strong knowledge of GAAP, SEC standards, accounting theory, current accounting issues, and accounting systems.
- You are excited about and have experience working with technology, including new software tools and systems implementations; high level of skill with Microsoft Excel required and experience working with NetSuite preferred.
- You’re eager to develop a world-changing company with us!
It would be nice if…
- You have a CPA
- You have prior accounting experience with a start-up, a manufacturing company or both
- You have some external auditing experience
- You have worked in a rapidly growing company
- You are personally excited about what Glowforge is building
Please send us your resume, and – more importantly – a cover letter that tells us about your interest here. We’re excited to meet you!
One more, very important thing: we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We’re strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. For us, this is the only acceptable way to do business.