Sales Development Representative
Remote - Full-timeApply to this Job
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've built a product we're incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.
We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
This is a full-time hourly + variable compensation position based in the US.
Why we need you?
We have the best customers! It’s something of an unofficial company motto, and it’s absolutely true.
Every month thousands of schools and businesses want to become our customers. But lots of them need someone to talk to before taking the last step. These folks might want help choosing the model that’s a perfect fit for their students' education. Maybe they want to learn about how to start or increase their business with Glowforge. They might want to ask about how it works or just to hear a friendly voice to make sure they’re doing the right thing before they invest and start their way on their amazing creative journey.
Without you, all these potential educators, students, business and their customers may never know what it’s like to own and use a Glowforge. You’re the one who can help them fulfill their dreams.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
If you always wanted to work at a startup and have a passion for starting in a new role, working with new teammates and identifying new ways to work then this might just be the perfect role for you!
- Quickly learn all about Glowforge and our customers, from the depths of the technology to the delight of how they use it.
- Follow up on inbound marketing contacts and identify qualified opportunities providing appropriate levels of information at the right time for interested prospects
- Call into prospects generated by a variety of internal and external sources
- Hold intelligent and engaging conversations over the phone and email
- Schedule appointments and demos for Outside Account Managers
- Collaborate with the inside sales and marketing team members on expanding reach of activities to drive significant inbound inquiry volume.
You need these qualifications
- You should be an ambitious self-starter
- Experience appointment setting or cold calling
- Demonstrate the ability to collaborate with a distributed sales team
- Enthusiastic, determined, and self-motivated.
- Close attention to detail
- Must have a strong professional presence on the phone
- You write well, communicate clearly, and listen like a champion
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
It would be nice if
- You enjoy being a team of one but welcome working closely with others
- You have worked at a startup or fast-paced technology company
- You have experience in consumer hardware companies
- You love making things and can easily share this passion with potential customers
Equal opportunity employment
There's one more, very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd love to have you join us.