Public Relations Manager
Seattle, WA - Full-timeApply to this Job
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've built a product we're incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth. We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
We'd love to have you join us.
This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this wonderful city.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
We think you have the best job in town, because first and foremost - you get to tell our story and our customers’ stories. From Henry who uses his Glowforge to teach his medical students new heart surgery techniques, to Ryan who started his own jewelry business, to Marj who picked up her Glowforge as a new retirement hobby - there are thousands of unique and compelling stories to tell.
Our product is surprising, magical, delightful, and unique. Our customers have some of the most fascinating stories in the world. Communicating those stories through articles, reviews, podcasts, and more. Then, combining those stories with incredible company stories about how we’re transforming business. All in a day’s work.
You’ll be focused on:
- Developing and executing on our media relations strategy - for the short and long termExploring our business - our data, our customer stories, our product roadmap, our marketing efforts - and crafting unique pitches to get the word out about Glowforge
- Continuing to build on your existing relationships with reporters, podcasters, bloggers, and other thought leaders
- Telling the Glowforge story to lifestyle, consumer, tech and business outlets
- Working with our leadership team on speaking and thought leadership opportunities
- Collaborating with internal Glowforge staff and external PR firms to ensure our efforts are coordinated and not missing a beat
You need these qualifications
- At least two years of public relations or experience with the media - in house with a fast-growing startup, as a journalist yourself, or with a top PR firm.
- A long-list of top-tier tech, business, and consumer reporters who know you and trust you when you reach out.
- Exceptional written and storytelling abilities.
- Measure PR success by the numbers and the tone - you’re always looking to quantify and improve the impact of your placements (reach, click through, organic rankings, sentiment, brand impression, and more).
- You are deeply, personally excited about what we’re creating at Glowforge.
It would be nice if...
- You have startup experience and have worked on consumer hardware products before
- You have journalistic experience yourself
- You love to learn about technology
Send us a resume or Linkedin link. And please, include a cover letter that tells us why you’re passionate about joining us!There's one more very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd love to have you join us.