Senior Product Analyst
Seattle, WA - Full-timeApply to this Job
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've built a product we're incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this beautiful city.
Why We Need You
Our customers surprise and inspire us every day with how they’re using their Glowforge. We love that our work matters in helping people realize their creativity, build amazing things, and expand their businesses..
Our secret is our software. Every Glowforge printer is connected to the cloud, enabling us to deliver new, innovative functionalities and creative designs weekly to our customers.
And this is where you come in! As our customer base multiplies, we need your outstanding analytical skills, constant curiosity, and passion for user experience to turn data into actions and strategies. We aspire to see our products in homes around the world - your expertise and insights will influence how we do that.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
The Product Analyst will be a core part of the Product team. In this role, you’ll:
- Turn ambiguous data into meaningful insights that drive execution and longer-term roadmaps.
- Build a clear, quantitative understanding of our customers, their usage behavior, and journeys to guide product design.
- Find opportunities to optimize product experiences and drive user adoption, engagement, and retention.
- Create visual dashboards and automated reports that clearly communicate the health of the business to leadership, product owners, and partners
- Help partners understand the numbers, make data-led decisions, analyze root causes of changing trends, and relentlessly ensure data accuracy
- Partner closely with product, design, engineering, and customer success teams to define metrics, design experimentations, and analyze the resulting impact.
You need these qualifications
- 5+ years experience in a product analyst, data analyst, or equivalent role, with at least 2 years on consumer-facing products
- A 4-year bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field (or relevant experience)
- Exceptional analytical skills paired with keen user insights, with a proven record of producing measurable impact on your products
- Stellar communication skills to convey analytical results to partners as concise and impactful recommendations
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams collaborating with product management, design, and engineering
- Expert-level skills at creating sophisticated SQL queries. You’re proficient with tools-of-the-trade such as Tableau or BigQuery.
- A deep passion for using data and metrics to improve user experiences and impact a fast-growing product.
It would be nice if...
- Worked in a startup environment before, and thrive in the ambiguity (and excitement) that arise. You can still move confidently even when guidance is limited.
- Worked on a software product that interacts with hardware.
- Made things with your hands – 3D printing, knitting, woodworking, leatherworking; it doesn’t matter what.
There's one more very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at email@example.com. We'd love to have you join us.