Principal Product Manager
Seattle, WA - Full-timeApply to this Job
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've built a product we're incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.
We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this beautiful city.
Why We Need You
Our customers surprise us every day with what they make on Glowforge - heirlooms for special occasions, functional everyday tools, or whole lines of products for their businesses. We take their interests, skills and passion and multiply them. We love that our work matters in helping people realize their vision and build things that amaze.
We have a vibrant, passionate community of makers, artists, designers, engineers and entrepreneurs. This is where you come in! We need your strategic insights, keen customer understanding, and intrepid execution to unlock the collective power of our community's creativity.
You’re the one who will build experiences that bring people together, stretch their imagination, and empower them to turn ideas into reality.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
The Product team touches every aspect of the customer journey. You will:
- Define and drive your area’s strategic roadmap and own key business results
- Design user experiences that unlock the magic of our ecosystem, bring our users together and create spaces for them to share and engage with others.
- Deliver detailed technical specifications that bring clarity to all partners and turn conceptual ideas into amazing reality.
- Make decisions big and small with incomplete information using your product sense, customer insights and analytical chops. You’ll then quickly build minimally viable experimentations to learn and iterate.
- Partner with top-notch engineering, design, customer success, growth and sales teams to tackle cross disciplinary problems.
- Dive into metrics, community forums and support requests to deeply understand current and prospective customers and generate insights that shape the future of the product.
You need these qualifications
- At least 10 years of product management experience with a proven record of building and launching well-loved consumer-facing products.
- Ability to use both quantitative and qualitative tools to understand your users, how they engage, and measure the impact of your work
- Strong user experience sensibilities and appreciation for intuitive and delightful interface design that conveys just the right amount of information
- Outstanding communication skills - whether you’re writing a technical spec, customer communication, or a 3-word headline for a landing page.
- A deep desire to create a magnificent, iconic product - while still knowing when and how you can make trade-offs to execute quickly.
It would be nice if...
- Experience building social or user community products and technologies.
- Worked on a software product that interacts with hardware.
- Made things with your hands – 3D printing, knitting, woodworking, leatherworking; it doesn’t matter what.
- Worked in a startup environment before, and thrive in the ambiguity (and excitement) that arise.
There's one more very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd love to have you join us.