Principal Operations Program Manager
Remote - Full-TimeApply to this Job
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've built a product we're incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.
We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
We're a remote-first company - just let us know where you prefer to work from!
Why We Need You
As Glowforge enters a new chapter of growth, we are designing new products and broadening our contract manufacturing supply base, to deliver our magic to more people than ever before. We need you to make this possible and help us by developing a proven contract manufacturing operation and implementing best in class supplier management practices!
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
Plan and coordinate activities and resources for industrialization and production ramp of 3D printer products in accordance with cost, quality, and volume specifications. Ensure alignment and cross functional collaboration. Implement and manage cross-functional phase gate process and deliverables in collaboration within Global Operations with R&D, Finance and Customer Success. Enable early supplier involvement, leveraging supplier capabilities to complete the designs, ensure quality and reduce cost. Identify and address project risks and challenges.
Position requires domestic and international travel up to 25% of the time. Telecommuting permitted.
Additional activities will be:
- Create integrated project plans for Operations activities and align these with other functions within Operations, R&D, Customer Success and Finance.
- Lead sub projects such as manufacturing test equipment product lifecycle data management
- Lead weekly cross functional Operations project reviews
- Ensure materials, equipment and contract manufacturer are ready for EVT, DVT and PVT when needed
- Monitor and proactively manage quality, cost and schedule issues
- Contributing to design, manufacturing, and testing processes for modules and products
- Working with product requirements, engineering specifications, and systems engineering design, 3D design and engineering drawings and plans for electro-mechanical systems;
You need these qualifications
- A 4-year engineering or supply chain management degree or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of extensive experience in program management, industrialization and supply chain management for a multinational or global company with solid understanding in the electronic industry.
- Experience with Contract Manufacturing and production operations; knowledge of manufacturing processes and supply chain
- A proven experience working with complex products in an outsourced manufacturing environment.
- Experience in fast-growing - high volume manufacturing environments in the consumer electronics industry
- Ability to drive initiatives from start to end, on time, within budget and expectations
It would be nice if…
- You have experience with optics and optical modules
- Startup experience setting up and establishing critical business and operational processes in contract manufacturing environments
- You are creative, determined and resonate with our mission to serve the global community of makers.
In your cover letter, in addition to whatever you’d like to say, please tell us about the product or feature you’re most proud of in your portfolio. What about it makes you grin from ear to ear?
There's one more very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people with a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at email@example.com. We'd love to have you join us.
Have questions? Email us. Or check out the rest of the current openings.