Part Time Office Assistant
Seattle, WA - Full-timeApply to this Job
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've built a product we're incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth. We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
We'd love to have you join us.
This is a part-time, in-person and contract position, based in Seattle.
Why We Need You
In order to keep the company’s mission on target we need someone to empower our in person teams in staying happy, healthy, organized, productive, and focused so we deliver this amazing product into the hands of all of our loyal customers.
Over the last six years, Glowforge has built a joyful and inclusive employee culture that created spectacular products and delight for our customers. As we've continued our rocketship growth, continually reinventing our policies, our benefits, and our practices to stay true to our cornerstones.
That's where you come in!
You're here to listen thoughtfully; you will help us create and maintain an environment that is productive and welcoming for our in person teams. We will never be better than the people we nurture, grow, and support. We need you for this one simple task: to help us continue to be our best selves as we serve our customers and the world.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
- You will be a part time (approximately 25 hrs/week) essential team member. You will support in managing our in-person office needs and jump in on any other project as-needed and requested.
- There will be no job too small or too large for you to take on - you’re the sort of person who loves to help and is super organized in doing so. You love streamlining and creating processes and are keen to operate effectively.
- You will also be a point of contact for vendors and external needs for our facilities, being in-person and onsite to help ensure our office places are equipped to operate, to facilitate our shipping needs, and in office requirements.
- You will be in charge of stocking all kitchen needs and making sure it is always in great condition. Refill the beverage fridge as needed, stock the tea drawer, stock the snacks, etc.
- Maintenance of COVID-19 Mask bar and in office COVID-19 Low-Density Policies, we take the safety of you and all our folks extremely seriously and will like to trust you with keeping supplies stocked to keep our folks safe.
- Upon request, you will ship packages for employees.!
- Handle phone traffic! Visitors and vendors will call you when they arrive, you will be responsible for answering in a professional and reliable manner and responsible for the security of the office to make sure the person at the other end of the line has a meeting or is expected.
- Break down and set up conference rooms when there are large meetings.
- You may be asked to do various manual tasks such as bringing in Costco supplies, assisting in hanging up a TV, moving lighter furniture around, taking out the trash, putting out ant traps, setting up fans, etc.
- Any other duties or responsibilities as requested by the Head of People or the facilities team.
You need these qualifications
- You have experience in a people facing environment.
- You already love communicating with people and are happy to help provide solutions and have conversations with folks in person or in a remote first, video environment.
- You are responsible and reliable.
- You thrive when you’re given multiple tasks and have the ability to manage many projects; you also enjoy helping out with regular, recurring, and routine tasks.
It would be nice if…
- You have relevant work experience in a start-up environment
- You have experience in people facing roles
- You have experience with facilities and managing onsite offices
- You have experience with scheduling
Please send us your resume, and – more importantly – a cover letter that tells us about your interest in this role. If you have any supplementary information, like an online portfolio, please share that with us too.
One more, very important thing: we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We’re strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. For us, this is the only acceptable way to do business.