Seattle, WA - Full-timeApply to this Job
Glowforge is a beautiful device that sits on your desk. It uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard.
If you haven’t already, check out our video on glowforge.com. While you’re there, you’ll notice something amazing: Glowforge is the largest crowdfunding campaign in history. There is incredible demand for what we’re building. It’s not a geeky tool for the tech elite or a garage workshop; we’re crafting an iconic product that is going to change the way people think about creativity. Our customers include consumers, digital designers, crafters, engineers, teachers, artists, and more.
Why We Need You
The Glowforge Supply Chain Teams’ sole responsibility is to get products into the hands of our customers. We need you to help bring new products into those very hands. Without you, our customers will never experience the joy of turning their ideas into reality. Don’t let our customers suffer another day without the product that can truly change their lives. We need you to bring your unique perspective to our company, to make things possible and by doing so, empower people to create.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this beautiful city.
- You’ll manage the sourcing and procurement of parts to support all new product introductions.
- You will use your keen ability to source quality parts at the right price and drive inventory to support testing and production needs.
- You will lay the supply chain groundwork that will allow company ideas to become reality.
- You’ll plan material requirements, manage inventory levels, expedite parts, and lead schedules based on the needs of the business.
- You’ll develop efficient and accurate systems for monitoring purchase orders and delivery requirements.
- You’ll have a highly developed ability to communicate with suppliers and be able to sell the Glowforge brand to those we would like to work with.
- You'll will monitor supplier performance and address supply issues while maintaining supplier relationships and will advance when needed.
- You'll monitor material life cycles, securing in time availability and prevention of obsolescence during validation test builds
- You will manage End of Life components for current and new products ensuring necessary actions to continue production.
You need these qualifications
- 5+ years’ experience in supply chain (buyer/planner, S&OP, demand planning, production scheduling).
- You have experience leading new product introductions in a high growth company, delivering ground-breaking hardware devices and technology.
- Strong communication skills; ability to manage both internal and external partners (suppliers).
- You have strong analytical and spreadsheet skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Resourceful and strategic in the world of sourcing and procurement.
It would be nice if you have...
- You have a relevant four-year degree or equivalent experience
- Experience sourcing electronic components internationally.
- Experience managing international suppliers.
- Familiarity or certification in Lean methodologies.
- Experience working with a contract manufacturer.
- A personal passion for making things, and our product.
We'd love to hear from you or a link to whatever showcases your skills the best. If a resume isn’t handy, a LinkedIn profile or personal website is fine.
One more, very meaningful thing: we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We’re strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. For us, this is the only acceptable way to do business.