Glowforge is a beautiful device that sits on your desk. It uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard.
If you haven’t already, check out our video on glowforge.com. While you’re there, you’ll notice something amazing: Glowforge is the largest crowdfunding campaign in history. There is incredible demand for what we’re creating. It’s not a geeky tool for the tech elite or a garage workshop; we’re crafting an iconic product that is going to change the way people think about creativity. Our customers include consumers, digital designers, crafters, engineers, teachers, artists, and more.
Why We Need You
Our hardware products span an incredible range of technologies, from optics to robotics to filters to injection molding. Our customers are mostly home users who want a device of unparalleled power and simplicity. That means they expect and deserve a product that weaves all of these divergent technologies together seamlessly. You’re the ME who can make that happen, so the whole of our products is so much greater than the sum of the parts.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this beautiful city.
- Designing custom mechanisms, linear systems, enclosures, and electromechanical components for our product.
- Modeling parts in Solidworks for R&D, tooling, and production.
- Doing thermal analysis.
- Responsible for safety design.
- Doing hands-on prototyping.
- Traveling to and working with manufacturers to support production at volume.
You need these qualifications
- You’ve delivered proven, high volume production designs.
- You have 3 or more years of industry experience.
- You have Injection molding experience.
- You’ve worked with toolers, molders, and manufacturers directly.
- You are available to travel as necessary to help see your designs come to fruition.
It would be nice if...
- You have experience in stamped metal parts, forming, and aluminum extrusions.
- You’ve designed co-molded parts with ABS, acrylic and thermoplastics.
- You have experience designing linear motion systems.
- You have CAM experience.
- You can conceive, model, and prototype a new design in a single day.
- You have worked at a startup or fast growing growing technology company.
Send us a resume or a link to whatever showcases your skills the best. If a resume isn’t handy, a LinkedIn profile or GitHub account are fine.
One more, very important thing: we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We’re strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. For us, this is the only acceptable way to do business.