SEATTLE, WA | SANTA BARBARA, CA - Full-timeApply to this Job
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've built a product we're exceptionally proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.
We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
We'd love to have you join us.
This is a full-time role in either our Seattle or Santa Barbara offices.
Why We Need You
Our company is growing fast, and we need your experience and skills to expand our materials planning capabilities to scale our business. We are building a coordinated global planning system that connects customer demand with supply, so we have the right products in the right place at the right time. We need you to lay the foundations for a truly global materials planning process.
Glowforge is a high-growth startup company that is building processes, systems, and tools as fast as we innovate. Your experience, creativity, passion, and planning skills will take our materials planning to a new level.
But the bottom line is that our customers come to us because we can deliver magic to them. No materials, no magic. You will be at the very heart and soul of what we do.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
You will be a central member of our global planning team working closely with Planning, Finance, Product, and Operations to secure the optimal materials supply for production requirements. You’ll serve as the key point of contact for our contract manufacturers for materials supply plans to support global printer demand. Your plans will drive our ability to achieve supply goals and create burst capacity. Additionally, you will own the materials readiness planning and execution associated with our new product introductions. The Covid pandemic has created disruptions throughout the global supply chain, and your analytical and creative problem-solving skills have never been needed more as we look to minimize the impact of the pandemic on our business.
Most importantly, you are integral to building our materials planning processes to ensure we continue to delight our customers with available inventory all around the world. You will have excellent visibility to the business and an opportunity to make game-changing contributions to the success of our company.
You need these qualifications
- 5 + years of materials and supply planning experience within a global manufacturing organization.
- Experience coordinating a steady flow of materials vital for operating a manufacturing line with little to no downtime.
- Capable of analyzing the manufacturing plans & materials pipeline, anticipating demand and suggesting buys to ensure continuity of inventory availability and burst capacity supply.
- Experience planning & balancing materials to maintain appropriate stocking levels, promoting healthy turns and eliminating stagnate stock, and avoiding out-of-stock situations.
- Prior experience monitoring materials consumption and reconciling related inventory & manufacturing transactions.
- Able to anticipate manufacturing demands based on current and future growth and production trends, suggesting procurement plans to augment our strategies.
- You’ve worked closely with manufacturing plants to analyze scrap rates, calculate optimal on-hand & safety stock requirements, and evaluate run rates in support of short and longer-term production plans.
- Prior experience working directly with materials suppliers to coordinate purchases and plan shipments.
- You have an analytical mind and enjoy solving complex planning puzzles.
- You are a tenacious problem solver with exceptional statistical and analytical skills.
- You love working in teams and enjoy collaboration with a forward-thinking and encouraging team.
- You have a 4-year degree or equivalent experience.
It would be nice if…
- You can build materials planning strategies using manual processes.
- You have prior experience planning materials in a high-velocity growth consumer goods business.
- You’re proficient in Spanish and/or Mandarin.
- You have experience working in the Workday Adaptive Planning module.
- You are creative and resonate with our mission to serve the global community of makers.
Send us a resume (with a cover letter) or a link to whatever showcases your skills the best. We can’t wait to meet you.
There's one more, very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at email@example.com. We hope you can join us.