Manager, Technical Support
Seattle, WA - Full-timeApply to this Job
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've built a product we're incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth. We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
We'd love to have you join us in this full-time role either in Santa Barbara, Denver, or Seattle.
Why we need you The Customer Success team's unofficial motto is, "We have the BEST customers".
They're remarkable and creative and amazing. When they experience a challenge, they come to us expecting us to make it right, and we shape not only whether or not they succeed but also how they feel about Glowforge.
Our Customers deserve the best support. If you visit our forums you will see people who are in love with this magnificent making machine and you will also see people frustrated by the support they are getting from us. We are working hard to shift that frustration to delight but cannot do it without your experience and your outstanding leadership!
Here's what you'll be doing
- Leading a group of Technical Support team members as they troubleshoot the tricky questions, develop policies, write documentation and improve processes so that customers walk away excited to use their Glowforge for years to come.
- Being our Customer Experience conscience: you're insightful and intuitive and you will get to know our customers -- you'll know with clarity and detail what drives happiness and dissatisfaction
- Driving innovation & implementation: As we move into a future of support excellence, you will lead change through the organization.
- Managing People: You’ll lead and mentor a caring, high-capacity team as they expand their skills in serving customers and leading essential projects.
- Delving into Data: You'll dive curiously into our mountains of data and make sure that we are accurately guided by numbers and trends.
You need these qualifications
- You care about people, and are driven by customer delight. You have limitless patience and see people's frustration as an opportunity to help.
- You are an extraordinary manager. You've grown and mentored teams for years, have a glowing record of performance improvements, and your past team members are eager to work for you again.
- You’re adept at evaluating data and asking questions, especially "why does it work this way?" to understand needs and develop solutions.
- Have a minimum of five years of experience solving technical support challenges, plus a four-year technical degree or equivalent experience
- You can create a staffing plan, recruit to fill it, manage to a budget, and report metrics in ways that make everyone you work with feel confident.
It would be nice if...
- You have led teams who thrive on phones or live chat
- Have worked at a startup and are experienced at scaling teams, systems, and processes.
- You have supported technology products, including SAAS and/or hardware.
- Bring deep knowledge of emerging and established CX practices.
- Have experience working with geographically distributed teams.
- Are personally passionate about our products.
- Love making things - knitting, woodworking, 3D printing - it doesn’t matter what.
Send us a resume or Linkedin link. And please, include a cover letter that tells us what you’re excited about doing with us!
One more, very important thing: we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We’re strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. For us, this is the only acceptable way to do business.