Manager, Customer Success Frontline
Denver, Colorado | Seattle, Washington - Full-timeApply to this Job
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've created a product we're incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.
We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
We'd love to have you join us. This is a full time opportunity role looking in search for candidates in the Denver, Colorado or Seattle, Washington area.
Why we need you
We need you to lead a team of customer service and technical support professionals who help customers experience the joy of making. Your team is first point of contact for each question and issue. We need you to make sure that each customer feels supported, understood and encouraged. Our company will succeed or fail based on the experience we deliver.We'll rely on your strong organization skills to ensure the team works efficiently and nothing gets missed. We'll count on you to share your creative approach to solving problems so that your team delivers solutions that meet the diverse needs of our customers and makes each customer glow with delight. We need you to take incredible care of your team, so that they grow and achieve their goals, too.
Here's what you'll be doing
- Managing People: You’ll lead and mentor a caring, passionate team.
- Analyzing: You’ll keep your finger on the day to day pulse of issues affecting customers. You’ll allocate staff where they can make the biggest impact and ensure that nothing falls through the cracks. You’ll build reports and use data to project staffing needs and spot emerging trends.
- Driving innovation & implementation: You'll notice where we're inefficient or mediocre and point out areas of opportunity. You'll participate in crafting solutions and then rollout improvements.
- Taking care of customers: When customers need an extra bit of support or an experienced leader to ensure their issue is handled, you’ll take ownership of the situation and get them back on track.
You need these qualifications
- You have at least five years of experience in customer service or technical support, including at least 2 years of management experience. You also have a four-year degree or equivalent experience.
- You are a skilled mentor, adept at nurturing junior team members to hone their skills and develop new ones.
- You have led teams providing service by email, chat, or forums.
- You excel at planning staffing and team performance based on expected volumes and at evaluating data to understand needs and develop solutions.
- You have proven troubleshooting methodologies and experience with designing, repairing or supporting a technical product.
It would be nice if...
- Have worked at a small company like a tech startup and are experienced at scaling teams, systems, and processes.
- Have experience working from home and leading remote teams
- You love making things - knitting, woodworking, 3D printing, furniture building - it doesn’t matter what.
Send us a resume or Linkedin link. And please, include a cover letter that tells us what you’re excited about doing with us!
There's one more, very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope you can join us.