Leader, Supply Chain Operations
SEATTLE, WA | SANTA BARBARA, CA - Full-timeApply to this Job
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
We'd love to have you join us.
This is a full-time role in either our Seattle or Santa Barbara offices.
Why We Need You
Our company is growing incredibly fast, and we need your experience and leadership superpowers to build our team and capabilities to scale ahead of our rapid growth. We are building an integrated, global supply chain management system that connects customer demand to our planning, manufacturing, logistics and fulfillment centers. We are rapidly outgrowing the processes, systems and tools that were put in place when we started, and you can fix that!
With high growth comes an increase in complexity as we expand our supply chain in volume, number of products and geographies. This role is absolutely critical for our success because without your experience, energy, creativity and passion we will not be able to navigate that complexity.
Join us and you will discover a fertile environment to grow and learn, where you will play a critical role in realizing our vision where anyone can print anything - anywhere in the world. We are looking forward to working with you!
Here’s what you’ll be doing
You will be sitting in the cockpit of our global supply chain, managing the flow of components and products as they make their way across the US, Mexico and Asia. Demand and supply planning, order fulfillment, logistics, inventory management and partner execution will all be part of your mandate. You will help architect and implement our future state organization and business practices that unlocks our next phase of growth. Your strong collaboration skills will build lasting relationships with product, engineering, sales, finance and customer success teams to ensure that our forecasts, plans and capabilities are aligned to meet the current and future needs of our customers.
Most importantly, you will mentor and develop our small but powerful team, while adding key resources to increase our capacity. This role will provide you with excellent visibility and a strong opportunity to make groundbreaking contributions to the success of our company.
You need these qualifications
- A minimum of 10 years of supply chain management with at least 5 years leading a team.
- A strong background in planning, manufacturing management, and/or materials management.
- Meaningful experience in managing sales volume growth, especially as it relates to business process development, sales & operations planning and system deployment.
- Experience hiring and developing elite talent and building collaborative, cross-functional teams.
- You have leadership experience in fast-growing/startup environments in the consumer electronics industry.
- Experience selecting, managing and operating key supply chain partnerships.
- A 4-year degree or equivalent experience.
It would be nice if…
- You have experience setting up critical business and operational processes in enterprise software environments using Shopify and NetSuite.
- You are creative and resonate with our mission to serve the global community of makers.
- You have an advanced degree in supply chain management or equivalent.
Send us a resume (with a cover letter) or a link to whatever showcases your skills the best. We can’t wait to meet you.
There's one more, very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at email@example.com. We hope you can join us.