Inventory Control and Purchasing Manager
Seattle, WA - Full-timeApply to this Job
Glowforge is a beautiful device that sits on your desk. It uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. If you haven’t already, check out our video on glowforge.com. While you’re there, you’ll notice something amazing: Glowforge is the largest crowdfunding campaign in history. There is an incredible demand for what we’re creating. It’s not a geeky tool for the tech elite or a garage workshop; we’re crafting an iconic product that is going to change the way people think about creativity. Our customers include consumers, digital designers, crafters, engineers, teachers, artists, and more.
This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this beautiful city.
Why We Need You
The Glowforge Supply Chain Teams’ sole responsibility is to get products into the hands of our customers. We can only succeed if you jump on board and dive into Glowforge inventory management, laying down the processes that will get us to the next level of on-time delivery. Without you our customers could suffer another day without a product that will truly change their lives. Don’t let that be the case. Bring your unique perspective to make this possible and by doing so, empower people to create.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
- You will collaborate regularly with the finance team since the highest priority for this role is to provide the most accurate and efficient tracking and control of all FG materials; minimizing loss, ensuring availability, and reducing overall inventory.
- You will be paramount in getting products in the hands of our customers.
- You’ll manage Finished Goods inventory and complete necessary purchases in close synchronization with Sales, Customer Support, Supply Chain, and our 3PL.
- You’ll manage inventory levels from the point of order or from the start of a return through receipt at our warehouse and reconcile all inventory on an ongoing basis.
- You’ll lead and coordinate inventory management systems and process design and focus on scaling and optimization.
You need these qualifications
- You have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in inventory management and purchasing role.
- You have experience with Netsuite, Oracle, SAP, or other order management/inventory platforms.
- You have experience managing inventory and purchasing in a company delivering cutting-edge hardware devices and technology.
- Your strong analytical and spreadsheet skills have led you to empower colleagues and have helped companies streamline and scale.
- You have created or implemented inventory processes that have been paramount in ensuring inventory turns and on time delivery.
It would be nice if...
- You have experience managing inventory and purchasing on a global scale.
- You have APICS CPIM certification.
- You have experience working with a contract manufacturer.
- You have experience working with a 3PL.
- You have a personal passion for making things, and our product.
- You have worked at a start-up or fast-paced, growing company.
Send us a resume or a link to whatever showcases your skills the best. If a resume isn’t handy, a LinkedIn profile or personal website is fine.
There's one more, very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We hope you can join us.